Good article on Williams....

Williams ready to tame Lion kings
The Courier Mail | Andrew Hamilton | April 14th, 2010

FOR Western Bulldog Tom Williams a trip to the Gabba always brings mixed emotions.

He loves coming home to play in front of his family and friends but the opponents are always Brisbane - and for a defender that means Jonathan Brown and, for the first time on Saturday, Brendan Fevola.

The Bulldogs' two senior defenders, Brian Lake and Dale Morris, will start the game on the two snarling Lions and Williams will be called on to help out. But at some point during the rotations the job will be his.

"It is going to be a big challenge," he said. "Brownie is in great form and Fev has been playing pretty well too.

"We have got a tall backline and we match up well with them, but you are always aware Brownie can get off the leash and kick a few goals.

"They (Lake and Morris) are our senior defenders and will get first crack at them, but everyone needs a rest in modern footy and I'll have my turn playing on one of them. "Hopefully they don't kick too many goals while I am."

At least the evening will start on an enjoyable note when he watches his younger brother Jonathan play in the QAFL curtain-raiser for Morningside.

"I'm looking forward to that," he said. "I don't think I have ever seen him play - I'm a good big brother, aren't I?"

Click HERE to read the remainder of the article...