Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harbrow-GONE-Official

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    We can't get enough players that can run and then kick the ball.

I'd love to get Jarod Harbrow back. I've been a huge fan from the first time I saw him train and play match practice.
    IIRC I was right there next to you. Decided that every time he got the ball he was going to run and take on the tackler. Was like watching a Rugby winger.

If memory serves, you were also dropping your head in dissapointment every time Andrew McDougall touched the ball during that intra club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Harbrow is an interesting prospect. Say we did trade him back, where does that leave JJ? I think he would take JJ's spot in the backline so can JJ play further up the ground? If he does and he can improve his kicking he could be our fast break goal kicker like the Lewis Jetta type we need. Interesting indeed
    Habrow to us JJ to Essendon and Dempsey to GC

3. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Habrow to us JJ to Essendon and Dempsey to GC
    Oh. That's the first tempting and realistic trade I've read this silly season.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    IIRC I was right there next to you. Decided that every time he got the ball he was going to run and take on the tackler. Was like watching a Rugby winger.

If memory serves, you were also dropping your head in dissapointment every time Andrew McDougall touched the ball during that intra club.

You were too. Remember he was manned up on Josh Hill and they just went for it. Josh had him in the air but if Jarod could get it to ground nobody could get the ball back off him.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Oh. That's the first tempting and realistic trade I've read this silly season.
    No way disagree with that proposed trade. I loved harbrow but his kicking was always a liability. And reckon it still is. We have enough blokes who butcher kicks already. Plus, JJ has more upside in my opinion. Beautiful kick and more years on his side. Much prefer to keep him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Sanchez View Post
    No way disagree with that proposed trade. I loved harbrow but his kicking was always a liability. And reckon it still is. We have enough blokes who butcher kicks already. Plus, JJ has more upside in my opinion. Beautiful kick and more years on his side. Much prefer to keep him.
    But can he play? Harbrow can.

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    But can he play? Harbrow can.
    Yeh I think he can. He was great last year until he broke his shoulder. Then struggled on his comeback for the first part of this season. Thought he came good again in the latter part. Big fan. Think he'll be a quality player for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Harbrow and we have missed his run over the last few years, but I wouldn't be paying overs to get him back. Fact is he wont be a part of the next big tilt and is just stopping a younger guy from developing. Happy for him to come as a free agent or a cheap/late pick, but not paying overs for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I think McKenna will go. IMO he has underperformed with that group and their fall away post Ablett injury was a disgrace

Post Thanks / Like

JJ is exciting but he is far from a "beautiful kick". Has a tendency to overcook anything he sends into the forward line. Struggles to hit a target on the lead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I like Harbrow and we have missed his run over the last few years, but I wouldn't be paying overs to get him back. Fact is he wont be a part of the next big tilt and is just stopping a younger guy from developing. Happy for him to come as a free agent or a cheap/late pick, but not paying overs for him.
    He's just turned 26, how long away is our next big tilt? To put it into perspective, he's exactly one year older than Jarrad Grant.

I'd happily take him back. Quality player, right age bracket, and has played 150 games now.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    He's just turned 26, how long away is our next big tilt? To put it into perspective, he's exactly one year older than Jarrad Grant.

I'd happily take him back. Quality player, right age bracket, and has played 150 games now.
    Precisely the argument for getting him back.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh I think he can. He was great last year until he broke his shoulder. Then struggled on his comeback for the first part of this season. Thought he came good again in the latter part. Big fan. Think he'll be a quality player for a long time.
    Fair enough but we know what we get with Harbrow - JJ is still speculative and both players realistically will probably only get one premiership window with us regardless of age. I'll take Harbrow for 2017-2018 - he'd be 28 / 29. Perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

All this speculation with McKenna seems to be mirroring with us .
    Players getting some home truths and not liking what they're hearing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    All this speculation with McKenna seems to be mirroring with us .
    Players getting some home truths and not liking what they're hearing
    If the reports of McKenna accusing Harbrow, in front of the other Gold Coast players, of costing the Bulldogs a final 4 years ago are true, that's not a home truth. That's a guy in the wrong job.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships