Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sherman banned for vilification

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Points for getting through this post without using the word "cuck" I guess.

This is a ridiculous assertion and pays absolutely no regard to existing power dynamics that cause systemic harm to be perpetuated on minorities in the first place. There have been continual acts of racial and sexual-based discrimination performed by the AFL, its constituent clubs, or supporter groups even in the last 18 months that the organisation itself has claimed no responsibility or blame for, and creates for the insidious culture that continues to make the game so toxic.

There is an overwhelming tendency to undermine complaints from minority groups for many reasons, for a number of reasons, the most obvious of which is a lack of understanding with regard to what is racism. The suppression of POC voices in informing what racism is, in favour of a paternalistic approach whereby we determine only overt slurs and racially-motivated violence can be racist, has created this circular logic where a claim of racial taunting short of these prescribed behaviours is derided and put to the side, ever deepening the issue at hand. Look at the Government's rejection of the "Statement from the Heart" proposal if you don't believe me - it's an extremely deep-seated problem in Australian society that reaches far beyond the AFL, but is no doubt reflected by it.

Wilkinson's claim is being dismissed not on its merits - I actually believe he has a strong argument, as it cannot be wholly said what his career may have amounted to if he had've been free of racially motivated bullying - but because we do not believe the behaviour being bounded around either to be racist, or of such a profound affect that he should not be overcome by it. And it makes for yet another example of a person being discriminated against being ignored or attempting to have their voice silenced because it is more convenient to do so.

Btw, SJW is such a bullshit cop out term to preserve the status quo of comfortability for most and demonstrates such little nuance I'm actually disappointed to see it on here. Might as well have called the complaint fake news.
    LOL. You could post that on The Guardian it's that dripping in cliches!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    LOL. You could post that on The Guardian it's that dripping in cliches!
    Good talk.

You know what a cliche is? Snidely dismissing critique of a dominant culture of abuse because you're secure of your place in it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Good talk.

You know what a cliche is? Snidely dismissing critique of a dominant culture of abuse because you're secure of your place in it.
    Cool story bro.

I'm truly in awe at the level of woke you've managed to attain.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships