Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sherman gets 4 weeks

I'm glad he has gone public to stop all the speculation. the Suns forum had said it was Callan Ward.

Post Thanks / Like

The club should make a stance and stand him down for the rest of the year. There is just no need for these types of comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Serves him right.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Idiot.

What about the diversity just on our list alone? e.g. Stack. Hill. Liberatore. Skinner. Giansiracusa. Murhpy. Jones. Markovic.

He is basically villifying his own squad. Disgace. A sad day for our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I certainly don't condone what Justin has said and done, I certainly HOPE we don't fully hang him out to dry in this board. Suerly we have ALL said or done things that we aren't proud of & regret. 4 weeks suspension & $5000 fine is a just penalty IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OLD SCRAGGer View Post
    Whilst I certainly don't condone what Justin has said and done, I certainly HOPE we don't fully hang him out to dry in this board. Suerly we have ALL said or done things that we aren't proud of & regret. 4 weeks suspension & $5000 fine is a just penalty IMHO
    I agree 100%, I hope what was said justifies the penalty. Have some concern if there could of been a over reaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldBulldog View Post
    I agree 100%, I hope what was said justifies the penalty. Have some concern if there could of been a over reaction.
    There is no over reaction when it comes to racial vilification. He is lucky to get only 4 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OLD SCRAGGer View Post
    Whilst I certainly don't condone what Justin has said and done, I certainly HOPE we don't fully hang him out to dry in this board. Suerly we have ALL said or done things that we aren't proud of & regret.
    This. The guy made a mistake, but no one died. Give him his whack and move on.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    This. The guy made a mistake, but no one died. Give him his whack and move on.
    Agreed the guy F***Ed up. Big lesson in life for a young man.

Post Thanks / Like

He is an idiot and deserves to be punished but 4 weeks is excessive would have been better off clocking him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    He is an idiot and deserves to be punished but 4 weeks is excessive would have been better off clocking him.
    The bulldogs suggested the 4 weeks and fine and GC accepted it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I strongly disagree with any suggestion that this is an over reaction. Racism is a blight. I am so disappointed that our club is involved. The penalty is more than justified. Congrats if it is correct that we suggested and initiated the penalty instead of hiding behind weasel words and protecting someone has done wrong.

Look around our heartland where every race lives side by side. I am proud when I see young Sudanese kids walking around with our jumpers & scarves. We should be, and have been, role models for anti racism with our community focus and programs. This is a sad day for our club and I hope it doesn't undo the respect we have earned as a socially progressive organization.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by remember54 View Post
    This is a sad day for our club and I hope it doesn't undo the respect we have earned as a socially progressive organization.
    Why would it.

An individual within our organisation has done the wrong thing. Our club has shown how much it abhors this by punishing the player and stating that it is totally unacceptable.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by remember54 View Post
    I strongly disagree with any suggestion that this is an over reaction. Racism is a blight. I am so disappointed that our club is involved. The penalty is more than justified. Congrats if it is correct that we suggested and initiated the penalty instead of hiding behind weasel words and protecting someone has done wrong.

Look around our heartland where every race lives side by side. I am proud when I see young Sudanese kids walking around with our jumpers & scarves. We should be, and have been, role models for anti racism with our community focus and programs. This is a sad day for our club and I hope it doesn't undo the respect we have earned as a socially progressive organization.

/\ /\ /\ +1

I hope that when Justin goes to the remote communities as part of the Red Dust Role Model Program he gets a real feel for how big the journey is for our talented indigenous players , it would be good to have Zeph go with him as well

Post Thanks / Like

I'm dreading the Sherman trade more and more every week.