Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The who do we want and what will it take thread

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    So you are happy to bottom out given the amount of experience we are going to lose at seasons end?
    Why do you say we will bottom out? We have plenty of players over 25 years old. Lets face it, we are not going to draft a gun from another club, we have nothing to give, so lets go for youth.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Josh Hill & Will Minson straight swap for Dangerfield? Wishful thinking
    Any suitor needs to be careful about Dangerfield. He is hard at it no doubt but he has no tank. One foray into the play and he is buggered and looking for the interchange. I think you will find this is the reason for his low stats - he can't back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why do you say we will bottom out? We have plenty of players over 25 years old. Lets face it, we are not going to draft a gun from another club, we have nothing to give, so lets go for youth.
    We may have 2 first rounders if Ward goes and another first rounder from this year. I think we have plenty to give.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    We may have 2 first rounders if Ward goes and another first rounder from this year. I think we have plenty to give.
    Why do we want to trade these away instead of picking some good young players for the future? We can hang on to the two first rounders for future years if we think the next draft is shallow.

Any older players that we draft means the likes of Tutt, Schofield, Wallis, Cordy, Roughead etc etc may not get an opportunity to develop.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

One player that does interest me is Jack Anthony , he just hasn,t fitted in well with Fremantle and is yet to resign , yes he is out of form but in form he is a solid mark and a damn straight kick , a replacement for Hall he would,nt be but he is more than capable of giving us 2 or 3 goals a game , he is still only 23 and I believe a fresh start would do him some good , also we wouldn,t be paying top dollar thats for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post
    One player that does interest me is Jack Anthony , he just hasn,t fitted in well with Fremantle and is yet to resign , yes he is out of form but in form he is a solid mark and a damn straight kick , a replacement for Hall he would,nt be but he is more than capable of giving us 2 or 3 goals a game , he is still only 23 and I believe a fresh start would do him some good , also we wouldn,t be paying top dollar thats for sure

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit......

Post Thanks / Like

Not sold on Jack Anthony. He has struggled to break into the dockers team and reality is the dockers have had more injuries than majority of clubs this year. He apparently also has a very high opinion of himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Not sold on Jack Anthony. He has struggled to break into the dockers team and reality is the dockers have had more injuries than majority of clubs this year. He apparently also has a very high opinion of himself.
    Apparently there just hasn,t been a spot for Jack , Fremantle are happy with their in form smalls with Pavlich and Johnson as the talls , some senior Dockers players do not get on with Jack for whatever reason , he has managed 27 goals in 12 games for Subiaco , as far as I know he is injury free probably not as match fit as he should be , I for one would be happy to see him get a fresh start

Post Thanks / Like

Can play down back as well, still doesn't excuse that he's average but he can play down back...no for me

Post Thanks / Like

If you could have a designated kicker he would be fine, but he can't find the ball himself and would be a clogger of the highest order.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    If you could have a designated kicker he would be fine, but he can't find the ball himself and would be a clogger of the highest order.
    Isn't the knock on Anthony that he is no good with the defensive stuff ie. chasing, tackling etc., which doesn't fit in with the modern press (which was why he was dropped at the Pies)?

He would have been great if this was 1985 -- I do like his conversion rate -- but in 2012 forwards have to be almost more maniacally defensive than most defenders (and certainly be as willing to scrap as any in-and-under mid) to earn a spot in the AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Umm Noooooooo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Shallow draft or not, we should just go for the kids and forget trading for established players.
    I think that this is what we should end up doing but we'd be silly not to consider Dangerfield if he became available. We should only trade for absolute quality and should keep well away from recycled players who are really not quite up to it (eg Anthony.)

I guess I'm agreeing with you but with a qualification that we should consider any absolute gun available if they suit our needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Umm Noooooooo
    Reason Remi? Try to just picture him without black and white stripes for a second and be objective.....
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Reason Remi? Try to just picture him without black and white stripes for a second and be objective.....
    I hear his favourite color is pink.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.