Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
Being closer to the Belgrave/Lilydale line now when I go on there occasionally to get to the footy always a relatively good number of a Dogs fans going in and coming back (spoke to a Dogs fan I know at the footy a few weeks back about the Adelaide loss on the way home). It is certainly a lot more quicker now for me going in and coming home being a little more closer to the city.
I was coming home on the train on the Belgrave/Lilydale line after the Melbourne game a few weeks ago when a group of young men boarded the train at Box Hill (bus replacement from Burnley to Box Hill that night). They had been to the footy and a few of them had enjoyed a few drinks when one of them started winding up one of his mates by saying "Don't you play for the Bulldogs?" "Isn't your name Mitch?" "I've played as many AFL games as you have"

It was Mitch Honeychurch. He kept playing a straight bat to his mate's taunts until I produced a photo of him from the Bulldogs App on my phone.

I didn't talk to him a lot as he was out with his mates just having a good time, but he seems very level headed and humble.

He was saying that it was his first weekend off in 3 months and he chose to spend it with these "dickheads".

Mitch is now in that elite group of 2 with Harvey Stevens as the only Bulldogs players I have seen on the Belgrave/Lilydale line.