Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So You're An Eastern Western Bulldog

Went with the train last Saturday on the Glen Waverley line and didn't see too many Dogs fans on there which was disappointing but it was fairly empty as well. I heard that the Sunbury line was closed and maybe that was another factor in us not getting a big turn out at the match.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Went with the train last Saturday on the Glen Waverley line and didn't see too many Dogs fans on there which was disappointing but it was fairly empty as well. I heard that the Sunbury line was closed and maybe that was another factor in us not getting a big turn out at the match.
    Never is on the GW line.

It's probably the best for time and space though, not usually packed and find there is more GW line trains departing after the game than the Belgrave ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Never is on the GW line.

It's probably the best for time and space though, not usually packed and find there is more GW line trains departing after the game than the Belgrave ones.
    Yeah when going home from the footy last Saturday night the train to GW I missed but then a few minutes later another one came so that was good as I thought I may of had to wait for 20 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

I take Tram 75 from Vermont South when I go into Deakin Uni. I was wondering exactly where outside Etihad Stadium tram 75 stops for anyone who takes it as Ill be using it a bit to get to the footy this year mainly for the daytime matches at Etihad.
    You might find it quicker traveling by train from Mitcham to Southern Cross. I also travel from Vermont South.l

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    You might find it quicker traveling by train from Mitcham to Southern Cross. I also travel from Vermont South.l
    Thanks for that NBP ill keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 28-07-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Western Western Bulldog. Train now has one football scarf - a West Coast scarf.

Post Thanks / Like

Only a few on the tram coming in today. Even though only 17,000 came I thought our supporters created a bit of atmosphere which was great to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I've always seen our share. Also see them further in towards the city, which is good.
    Ive noticed that Andrew taking the tram in that you see a bit more closer in to the city.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 23-12-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Being closer to the Belgrave/Lilydale line now when I go on there occasionally to get to the footy always a relatively good number of a Dogs fans going in and coming back (spoke to a Dogs fan I know at the footy a few weeks back about the Adelaide loss on the way home). It is certainly a lot more quicker now for me going in and coming home being a little more closer to the city.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Being closer to the Belgrave/Lilydale line now when I go on there occasionally to get to the footy always a relatively good number of a Dogs fans going in and coming back (spoke to a Dogs fan I know at the footy a few weeks back about the Adelaide loss on the way home). It is certainly a lot more quicker now for me going in and coming home being a little more closer to the city.
    Have you found a decent fish and chips shop Eastie, you've had a while to hunt one down.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Have you found a decent fish and chips shop Eastie, you've had a while to hunt one down.
    Yeah that's all good now BT. There are 2 in the area that are fine.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's all good now BT. There are 2 in the area that are fine.
    2 places? I struggle to find one in a suburb. Where I used to reside down Mornington Peninsula, I struggled and never really found a good one. When i was desperate for them, I'd convince myself that maybe it wasn't as bad as I remember, then i'd get it and be disappointed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    2 places? I struggle to find one in a suburb. Where I used to reside down Mornington Peninsula, I struggled and never really found a good one. When i was desperate for them, I'd convince myself that maybe it wasn't as bad as I remember, then i'd get it and be disappointed.
    I wouldn't say they are the best far from it but they will make do. I don't buy as often as I did.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say they are the best far from it but they will make do. I don't buy as often as I did.
    On a diet? Or is pizza now the preferred take away choice?

I sometimes go over board on a particular take away and then don't have it for months.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    On a diet? Or is pizza now the preferred take away choice?

I sometimes go over board on a particular take away and then don't have it for months.
    Definitely not on a diet azabob. But your right that Pizza has now become the preferred choice for me now spot on on that.