Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Membership

Post Thanks / Like

2012 Membership

Whens the best time for me to find out what seats are available on Level 1 (Silver or Bronze). Signing up my 3 year old so level 2 is a bit of a hassel to be taking him on. So want to see what I can get on level 1?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 Membership

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    Whens the best time for me to find out what seats are available on Level 1 (Silver or Bronze). Signing up my 3 year old so level 2 is a bit of a hassel to be taking him on. So want to see what I can get on level 1?
    From what I can remember, IF you DON'T already have reserved seating, then you have to wait until reserved seat holders have resigned for their seats, I think unreserved seats are made public around December!!! I'm pretty sure there are seats available on Level 1 at the "FOOTSCRAY END"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OLD SCRAGGer View Post
    From what I can remember, IF you DON'T already have reserved seating, then you have to wait until reserved seat holders have resigned for their seats, I think unreserved seats are made public around December!!! I'm pretty sure there are seats available on Level 1 at the "FOOTSCRAY END"
    Yep, I'm in aisle 28, level 1, Footscray End & there are plenty of spare seats around us.

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping around the wing. Or anywhere as close to Row A as possible

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    I was hoping around the wing. Or anywhere as close to Row A as possible
    I'm in row B, there are spare seats in row A, but we're in the forward pocket, 2 bays away from the cheer squad, next to where the Auskickers come out onto the ground..

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of spare spots on level two
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Have been considering getting reserve seats for a while now. We used to get them at WO, very early days at TD but really I prefer the view from L3 and sitting with a bigger section of the family / friends. Given we rarely have to worry about finding a seat and the fact that it is extra money to the Club can someone make a case for a reserved seat to sway me into handing over the extra $$$?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Have been considering getting reserve seats for a while now. We used to get them at WO, very early days at TD but really I prefer the view from L3 and sitting with a bigger section of the family / friends. Given we rarely have to worry about finding a seat and the fact that it is extra money to the Club can someone make a case for a reserved seat to sway me into handing over the extra $$$?
    Level 2 is the best viewing, you are up and close to play and get a good view across the ground as well.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The Western Bulldog's allocation of reserved seats on level 2 was fully subscribed in 2011, although you would never know it by the number of "no shows" each home game. We now know where the bandwagoners sit.

However, after talking to a few of the fans who sit near me on level 2, it seems that there will be quite a few of those seats that will become available for 2012.

Level 2 Pros - great view, comfortable padded seats with arm rests, shorter queues for bar, food and ammenities.

Cons - expensive, must be purchased with EJ Whitten Social Club membership, must scan membership card each time you enter/exit level 2 so you can't sneak friends into empty seats (introduced in 2011).
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    The Western Bulldog's allocation of reserved seats on level 2 was fully subscribed in 2011, although you would never know it by the number of "no shows" each home game. We now know where the bandwagoners sit.

However, after talking to a few of the fans who sit near me on level 2, it seems that there will be quite a few of those seats that will become available for 2012.

Level 2 Pros - great view, comfortable padded seats with arm rests, shorter queues for bar, food and ammenities.

Cons - expensive, must be purchased with EJ Whitten Social Club membership, must scan membership card each time you enter/exit level 2 so you can't sneak friends into empty seats (introduced in 2011).
    To offset the burden of paying, you can pay monthly.

Post Thanks / Like

You do not have to have social club. We were on level two but had no social club entry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I'l give you two reasons to get Level 1 reserve:

1. The players come over to say thanks when we win which is great for the kids (ok great for me - I get warm and fuzzy..)

2. If there are no kids around I get to see whether the umpire is responding to my taunts and/or the players can actually hear you cheering them on if you yell well done during a quiet spot after they've done something good. Tommy came over to thank us for the support after one game he'd done particularly well in that we'd acknowledged throughout the game.

More up front and personal than 2 or 3 for mine which I love On the other hand - whatever floats your boat as many people prefer 3 for the reasons you outline.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at upgrading from GA to a reserved seat too, thanks for the thoughts posted here.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

We have reserved seats on Level 1 Aisle 17 - we are row B and C and yes Superdog - kids love it when the players come over and when the play is right in front of them. The atmosphere is great and you get to know all the people around you and its quite a social event.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phantomdog View Post
    We have reserved seats on Level 1 Aisle 17 - we are row B and C and yes Superdog - kids love it when the players come over and when the play is right in front of them. The atmosphere is great and you get to know all the people around you and its quite a social event.
    Of course there is a downside when you can't stand the people next to you and have to put up with it all year. Happened to my brother....spent all year listening some old chook carrying on about our defenders being hopeless and kept comparing them to Herbie Henderson. You can tolerate it for a little while but every bloody game?