Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
yep, clayton stuffed that up right royally and so consistently too.

Power - can kick - can't play. (this is some kind of ongoing theme for us)
Walsh - Im not even sure - just couldn't actually play? I don't remember ever seeing him play….
Ray - This is a pass, it was a shocker of a draft.
Tom Williams - what might have been if the poor guy wasn't an injury basket case. Ill give a pass.
Everitt - high maintenance. One of claytons 'strange cats' from the stingrays.
Grant - see Everitt

A couple of average players and the rest duds - not one elite player from a first round pick in 6 years.
Yet conveniently left out is players like Cooney, Griffen, Ward, Harbrow, Higgins, Cross, McMahon, Minson, Wood, Jones, Roughead,

I know some of these guys are not first rounders or elite, but there are some good players there.

No matter what you think or supporters think of some of these guys, Ray has played almost 200 games, Everitt 100, and McMahon played over 100 games,

I can go through every single club and see how many elites have been picked out in the first round and I bet the record is not much better than ours. Don't forget after 2006, we finished higher up on the ladder and didn't get a chance to pick in the top 5.

Lets see how Simon goes. He has already picked guys like Howard, Fuller, Goodes, Lower, Pearce, Prudden and the rest still have to prove themselves. Yes the last two years he has done well, but hey we had picks 4,5,6.