Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
Sticking up for the needs and wants of the majority and a discriminated against but genuinely entitled minority all at once maybe a couple of moments a year probably isn't a bad thing.

If political statements were being jammed down our throats every week on the banner it would be a bit much I agree, but I personally think this issue is more important than how we commemorate ANZAC Day, everyone lets that pass by without comment.
Yeah...I don't want to overstate it. I just think we are a broad church with many different views on things. Whose views does the banner represent....Danny McGinlay, the team, the club, it's members? I'm assuming the club because they would have to approve the message.

When it comes to aboriginal reconciliation, I imagine everyone would support the sentiment but there are probably many different views on how it should be achieved. The treaty option is just one of them....but not necessarily the right one in the eyes of many. That's not to say I'm against it but I don't like political views slammed down my throat.

As you say it isn't common practice but I wouldn't like it to become so. There....I think I'm done.