Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
In my humble opinion (which anyone can take with a grain of salt), it's not just the silly looking jumper in isolation, but rolling, snowballing effect that comes with it.

We don't seem to have put a foot right since winning the GF. I thought that it would be the dawning of a new era - an independent, fierce dynasty, rolling good on field results (not necessarily another flag, but at least being up amongst it) and showing the AFL world at large that we could "stick it right up them!"

Instead, lost half the GF team, have languished in the bottom half of the ladder, appear to have no spark or inspiration and are then made a laughing stock of the AFL at large by selling this ridiculous looking kit. We appear to have reached the top, panicked and run back into our shells, only to come out again when the AFL dog-whistles. What or who's fault that is, I have no idea. But now is not the time to try to be innovative with our kit. Be innovative on the field for god's sake and thump some other teams and then we can have a look at sparkles on our jumper.
Spot on MJP, I may be conservative when it comes to changing the game from what it is with new rules, but stuff like this is great for the club and has everyone talking. As you say this is not a permanent thing and if it was we would all march down to VUWhitten Oval.

This is what the club says:

Tom Morris: "A portion of the money made from the jumper will go to the Make a Wish Foundation. The Bulldogs are adamant it's not just a money maker, it is also to help attract young fans, with Marvel being such a big worldwide brand. The players were asked before ticking it off"