Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
So the task we have been handed is the need to get the playing list down to 33 players from 45

With that in mind:
Rookies - Roarke Smith, Ryan Gardner and Buku Khamis
Senior list - Lin Jong, Tory Dickson, Jackson Trengove, Fergus Greene, Bradley Lynch, Callum Porter, Matthew Suckling, Riley Garcia and Billy Gowers

I know this is going to sound harsh but I kept looking to Tom Liberatore and Easton Wood because I think Suckling offers more for us in 2021. Ben Cavarra and Will Hayes were also under consideration. I'd prefer to keep Trengove but I wonder if he is genuinely in the selection mix with us.

I need to see how that list looks after the above culling
I've had a rethink on the players I have selected and despite having too many half back flankers it would require cutting either Butler or Vandermeer to better balance the list and I suspect we will endeavor to remodel them into midfielders.
I have also placed the players where our WB website credits them ie Wallis as a mid not a forward

Tall Defenders:
Lewis Young Trengove* Cordy and Keath
General Defenders: Crozier, Wood, Duryea, Butler, Vandermeer, Williams, Daniel, Johannisen and Lachie Young

Midfield: Wallis, Bontempelli, Dunkley, B.Smith, Hunter, Macrae, Richards, Liberatore, Lipinski and Hayes
Ruck man: Sweet and English

Tall Forwards:
Schache, Bruce and Naughton
General Forwards: West, McLean, Weightman, Lloyd and Dale

I have dropped off Cavarra for Trengove from the original nominations as we would still be too light on for rucks and key defender coverage.
I suspect Wallis will be asked to play as a forward. Richards will spend time there as well and perhaps Williams so despite cutting into the general forwards we can cover them

Some tough decision were made and a few very good prospects have been let go.

Could we look at moving the likes of Duryea into a forward position?