Quote Originally Posted by Unhealthy Obsession View Post
1. Tim English is a very, very, very ordinary ruckman. Many of his 'efforts' in the ruck were completely uncompetitive and bordering on comical. Tim's saving grace is that he can accumulate touches around the ground, but that isn't what we need from our ruckman, especially one that is coming out of contract and believes he is deserving of $1 million per season for his ongoing services.
2. You can replace every employee in the entire football club, yet keep the head coach in place and nothing will change. Poor team selection, outdated game strategy, impotent game day coach's box, same outcomes as previous years. We made a mistake in sacking the assistants when real change was required.
3. Our bottom 6 payers are genuinely terrible and it appears that nothing will change in this respect, but what genuinely concerns me is our top 6 players (outside Marcus) looked poor yesterday. Hopefully this was a one off and not a glimpse into our future
To an extent - the bottom 6 in any team are not going to be great. The key is finding the right roles for these players to play - and having them completely dedicated to a game plan and completely understanding what they need to do.

Watching St.Kilda play - I don't think their talent is anywhere near ours - but I see a team that absolutely understands what they need to be doing - and as a result they have become hard to beat despite the lack of talent. And that goes down to the bottom 6.

What about Sydney - are their bottom 6 any better than ours? Do they have more talent than us? Just think they are a significantly more organised team.

How many quick kicks out of packs went straight to a Melbourne player yesterday? How many spoils bounced straight to them? Its not all luck. Its being organised.