First, the game vs the Bombers may or may not have started...I've been meaning to post this all week.

There has been a lot of joking in the media over the past few weeks about the 'Essendon Edge' and some of the things Brad Scott has been trying to implement.

I understand the mirth given the Papley audio and the score vs PA last week...but good on him for trying to make a change and providing a way for the players to:

1/. Understand what is being asked of them. It's a pretty clear 'model' he is going for and if they stuff it up (as they potentially have to this point) it gives them more examples of what it ISN'T - a powerful visual.
2/. Gets others to hold the players to account for something that isn't kick-mark-handball related.

I've posted about this before but - and I think this was back in the Malthouse era and I was just a young fella - I watched one of the Sunday footy shows and the headline was "Dogs have TRUE GRIT - What about the Rest??"...the panelists then went on to talk about how relentless the side had been in a crucial game when 'rivals' across the league had fallen away when the flames were turned up. That headline has stuck with me for a lifetime.

Whether you think it is funny or whatever, the Bombers aspiring to play relentless footy with - as they say - an edge to it, is something I really wish we aspired too...I'm not sure how tonight will go but I am worried that Essendon are trying to stand for something and with every week that goes by will be getting closer to understands what it means.

And right now, I hope this post ages VERY BADLY!