Just a couple from me from the Freo game.

I sort of get the pile on - lot's of negativity on here - but Freo are pretty good and were always going to be a hard out. Some straight kicking in q3 when we were dominating could have made the difference, but whatchagonnado??

Just in terms of using our resources to their best advantage:

1/. Jones MUST be the deepest defender. When Buku and JOD were taken deep, bad stuff happened. It wasn't just Buku and it wasn't just JOD - it was both of them...Jones takes the deepest at ALL TIMES. He makes great mark vs spoil decisions and knows when to leave his man and when to stay and fight...it might be experience (I think it is a bit more than that) but in any case, he stays deep.

2/. Richards as a mid is a great CHANGE-UP. But we shouldn't be losing him from the defensive group completely. I don't get how we've gone from one extreme to the other with Ed...to me it is 7-mins back to 4-mins inside to 3 mins off rinse and repeat...we still need him behind the ball.

** Yes, I accept Liber's absence impacted here.

3/. Naughton. Can we please not be half-pregnant with him? He is either UP the ground or the deepest but we can't (surely) be asking him to do both. His running efforts were outrageous last night but if he is the D50 outlet then he can't ALSO be the primary inside 50m target. That said, making Darcy the prime i50 target is not a great plan right now....

** Yes, I accept Jamarra's absence impacted here.

4/. Bont. In close games, I think we have to match-up hunt with Bont. Flip him between roles - back, mid and forward - based on the matchup and do it QUICKLY. We have a weapon here but can't let it get stuck 'out of range' for so long.

5/. Garcia, West and and whoever else is playing forward. Get them up and around the ball...the mid mix still needs to be expanded...PLUS this will mean continually changing the look of the forward group re- size/shape. I think West is going ordinary right now but a couple of stints inside will not hurt. Garcia simply has to go in more or he may as well play VFL.

Overall, I thought we tried our butts off and "coulda" won it...life doesn't always fall the way you want it too though.

I have lots of thoughts about last night...overall, I thought we showed a LOT...