Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
Yeah he is another I don't get what we are doing with.

I think we really set up our role guys to fail giving them such different roles when they go back to VFL.

Harmes has plenty of CBAs when in the VFL. If we aren't going to do that in AFL with lockdowns or whatever, play him in a wing/forward role primarily at VFL level.

Daniel doesn't look at option at HBF in AFL level yet it's where we have played him in VFL. I'd like him spend time forward in the VFL.

Garcia heaps of CBAs at VFL level and played forward in AFL. I'd like him to spend time fwd and wing as well as CBAs when he is inevitably black in the VFL.

Sanders atm probably a 25-30% CBA guy at AFL if he gets back in anytime soon. Give him some time elsewhere during in the VFL.
Caleb and Garcia felt like coaching calls that lacked conviction.

Caleb apparently went back to VFL level to 're-train' as a half-back flanker after being shuffled around so often. Great, I'm here for that. But why don't we actually leave him there to do that?

You can't give him two games, then pick him as the travelling emergency (because he's the next-best player on the list), force him back in as sub then play him in that same utility role that apparently has been to his detriment.

On one hand we're saying, 'let's reset and get you back to some consistency', but that's thrown out the window when it's convenient. Take Poulter or Baker to Perth and pick Daniel when he's actually demanded it in the position we're asking him to play.

Garcia is clearly a high-standard inside mid and a bog ordinary small forward/half forward. We've seen it at Footscray and we've seen it in the ones. Why pick him unless we're actually going to give him some inside-mid time? We're shoving a square peg into a round hole and it's to the detriment of the player.

Libba is out, we're getting belted around the footy, surely Garcia can spend some time on the footy??