Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton Blues eyeing Andrejs Everitt in trade deal with Bulldogs

Six clubs are after him(reportedly), so being contracted, if he is moved on it's going to take something special.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be trading him to Carlton unless it involved Fevola

Post Thanks / Like

If 6 clubs are chasing him then he must have some value. Yes he has been disappointing since his breakthrough season, but the club believed enough in him to hand him the number 3 jumper, which for mine suggests that they see him as part of the big picture.

His game against Collingwood was an indication of what he can do and what we should be expecting of him. It was also an indication that as a player he is more suited to a free running role. He has all of the skills and has the physique to be a top line footballer. In fact I believe the physique issue is a reason for his slowed development, in some senses a little like Goddard. His body shape has changed and he has struggled a little to adapt to this. He has all of the rest though and it would be short sighted to just give him away.

Post Thanks / Like

Be interesting to find out why the Club wants to trade him.

Post Thanks / Like

Prior to the 2009 season commencing Mitch Clark sat on Brisbane's list with a major question mark hovering above his head. He hadn't quite lived up to his potential and failed to fully his grasp his opportunities when they presented. He was recruited primarily as a forward however he sat behind both Brown & Bradshaw and doubts started to gather as to whether he would ever make the grade. As a defender he wasn't quite mobile enough and he wasn't really a genuine ruckman however injuries at the start of the season forced Voss' hand and he was thrown into the deep end.

What transpired this season was Mitch Clark who essentially had his career on the line turn into one of the premier ruckman of the competition and unluckily miss out on All Australian selection.

The reason I refer to Clark is because despite being different circumstances I see some similarities in where Everitt is at the moment and where Clark was 12 months ago. While I don't know where Everitts best position is and nor do I know whether he'll ever make the grade I do believe he has shown enough to keep persisting with.

On the positive side Everitt is contracted so as far as I'm concerned we hold the upper hand and if another side doesn't offer a good deal than we simply don't have to trade for the sake of trading. Having said that I fear the salary cap pressure and the need to find money for Mr Hall may be forcing our hand at this trade and if this is the case I do hope the club find a suitable exchange for him, the problem is I doubt we will get anything worth what he potentially could become.

I know it sounds harsh but it's in our best interests to keep him on the list, if he never makes it than it's no major loss however if he does come good as most big men do take time than we won't have lost out.