Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players from other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I think Crow only played one season

Not even a full season. The poor bastard lost a testicle in his 3rd or 4th match for us and understandably retired.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Angelo Petraglia played some good footy for us too. I remember a goal he kicked at Windy Hill in '87(?). It was amazing, he had a flying shot that was heading out of bounds but moved sideways more than he ball that Warnie got Gatting with and rolled through for a goal. Soon after Beasley got a couple of dodgy frees and we came from 5 goals down just before half time to win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Does the Pieman count, considering the WAFL was pretty strong in those days?

He signed a form four with Carlton (I think) so he was definitely tied to another club.

Post Thanks / Like

How about: Harvey Stevens, Gordon Casey, Nigel Kellet, Ken Greenwood, Wallet, Kingsley Hunter, Chris Hansen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    The redhead from St. Kilda that had a name like Tivendale and played just like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Buckets Tweedale!

Royce Hart was making the players run up and down the fire escape steps on the Whitten Stand years ago at training. Tweedale asked if he go go to the toilet and Hart said no. "Fair enough then" said Buckets and promptly had a wizz from the very top landing onto a bunch of cars parked outside!

Speaking of Carl, what about Ben Harrison!
    I sat next to the property steward at one game and the first thing he said was a derogatory remark about Harrison's manliness. I rest my case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    How about: Harvey Stevens, Gordon Casey, Nigel Kellet, Ken Greenwood, Wallet, Kingsley Hunter, Chris Hansen

Mark.

Stephen Lunn, Matthew Hannaberry, Robert Amos, Con Gorozides, Alan McConnell, Michael(?) Rolfe(one of Malthouse's mates from Richmond) Dean Chiron, Alan Edwards, Shane Walsh, Robbie Peers, David Allday-the list is endless, I spent five minutes thinking of that list of the top of my head.

In fact I wonder when the last time we took the field without an ex-opposition player in the team? I'd almost be willing to bet that it's never, that we've always had an a plyer from another club in our teams right back to the days of Con McCarthy, Bill Cubbins and Jack Hutchison in the '20s and '30s.

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Hudson goes all right as well. Lets see what Hall can do.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Nathan Eagleton has done well too.

Post Thanks / Like

Bandy went alright the first year he played for us. But if you mention that name in the Barking Dog's household, you are guaranteed to get a reaction from the other half complete with red face and a lot of swearing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post
    Bandy went alright the first year he played for us. But if you mention that name in the Barking Dog's household, you are guaranteed to get a reaction from the other half complete with red face and a lot of swearing
    Just looking at your avatar.... I have that poster at work.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]