Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 3 Preview - Western Bulldogs vs. Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    Thanks MG. I agree on Williams, with the exception that I would start Brian on him to try and prevent Tommygun from getting beaten, and only move him on if Buddy is struggling
    So if Buddy is giving Lake a hiding we won't move Williams onto him as the task is too difficult??... Time to take the kiddy gloves off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So if Buddy is giving Lake a hiding we won't move Williams onto him as the task is too difficult??... Time to take the kiddy gloves off.
    I'd really like to see Williams and Morris take the big key forwards, and let Lake do what he does best, zone off and help out 3rd man up.

If Franklin is giving Tommy a bath, or playing his stationary-out-bodying approach, then we throw Lake onto him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fish View Post
    In 2009 Clarkson and Hawthorn decided to bulk Franklin up and he lost alot of athleticism, so he became a body-on-body player which was the perfect match-up for Lake and less so for Williams.
    Franklin was quiet last week until he started leading. Franklin on the lead is still a better player than the Franklin who tries to compete purely on bodywork alone.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    I'd really like to see Williams and Morris take the big key forwards, and let Lake do what he does best, zone off and help out 3rd man up.

If Franklin is giving Tommy a bath, or playing his stationary-out-bodying approach, then we throw Lake onto him.
    It will be interesting to see the match ups when Roughead (Jarrad) goes into the ruck. Last year in our 88 point thrashing of Hawthorn, Lake played extremely well against Buddy, so I would go with that match up again. In my opinion, Morris MUST NOT PLAY THE GORILLAS he has to take on the more mid size players. Interesting though, on last nights show THe Bounce, Roughead thought Morris would play on him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly this will be my last game until September. It's been great going to training and see the boys. Have most of their autographs. Rodney was wearing the Chicago Cubs cap I gave him at the Geelong/Hawthorn match on Monday and the TV camera's found him. My nephew is thrilled that the Cubs cap was seen around Australia. However, they have lost thier first two games of the season. Another long one for us Cubs fans, unlike the great season the Bulldogs will have. I can feel it in my old bones. Off to the club in a little while for one last visit then my last radio show live from Melbourne. The time has just flown by. I'm off back to cold and possibly snowy Chicago on Monday. I'll be back in September for sure!
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
    Off to the club in a little while for one last visit then my last radio show live from Melbourne.
    What time are you on?
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    What time are you on?
    Jim is on 774 every Friday somewhere between 5.30 to 6pm giving his weekly tips.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post

Sorry guys I'm not convinced. I don't want to start a 20-odd gamer KPD with no AFL background on the 2008 coleman medallist.

Lake as a backup option is like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, taking out insurance after you have already been robbed, buying anti-virus software after you have already been infected etc. - yes it's probably a good idea as you know there is a likelihood of the event you are trying to prevent occurring as it just happened, but I think we can be a bit smarter than that and anticipate that Tommygun may not be up to the task if Buddy is 'on'.

It's no blight that you need your best AA backman on one of the comp's best forwards, and that a relative new comer isn't ready yet
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We have the least fasionable, most workmanlike ruck division in the competition...
    Most workmanlike and it seems the most effective; this week we have been cited as having the ruck division with the highest percentage of taps to advantage in the comp. So much for fashion

It constantly amazes me how some ruckmen become the media darlings, yet their inadequacies are obvious. If they don't give their mids a good supply they can leap tall buildings and run faster than speeding trains while basking in media glory.... but their team won't win.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    Most workmanlike and it seems the most effective; this week we have been cited as having the ruck division with the highest percentage of taps to advantage in the comp. So much for fashion

It constantly amazes me how some ruckmen become the media darlings, yet their inadequacies are obvious. If they don't give their mids a good supply they can leap tall buildings and run faster than speeding trains while basking in media glory.... but their team won't win
    A great simple post alwaysadog.
    Couldn't agree more.