Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our next captain?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I don't think it's meant to refer to his hard head

There's more to being captain than merly being hard at the ball in any case.
    Cement head. Gah, they're just jealous. What a final game in 2010 he played. Made our senior list look like plodders in that game. Go Wardy
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I'd pick him before Cross and Boyd. Seriously

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone hear what Doug Hawkins had to say on this topic on SEN yesterday? Heard he was coming on but I had to go out. Did I miss any pearls of wisdom?

Post Thanks / Like

Noticed on the bulldogs website - Boyd and Cross are the front men. Capt and Vice?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rance Fan View Post
    Noticed on the bulldogs website - Boyd and Cross are the front men. Capt and Vice?
    Yep, they appear to be on everything - Boyd is the "Bulldoze the Debt Ambassador" and both are on the membership card.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a look at the website. I'm willing to wait to see how it looks in a month or so before I look at it as a sign of who will captain the club, considering a decision is supposed to be at least two months away.

Thinking about our coaching staff going to the marketing team in December, or maybe November (it takes a little bit of forward planning to determine website content) and telling them to put Boyd and Cross up front because they're going to be the one and two seems a bit strange to me.

Just a thought, I could be full of BS .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    I could be wrong, but I remember Cal once being referred to as "Cement-head".
    Thanks dfa4pm - interesting nickname? I wonder does it refer to his intellectual ability or the fact that he is hard at the ball on the footy field?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    Thanks dfa4pm - interesting nickname? I wonder does it refer to his intellectual ability or the fact that he is hard at the ball on the footy field?
    The former.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

He may be dumb but he leads well on the field. I know that Bob Murphy thinks very highly of him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    The former.
    Oh! well, I guess we have a few boys who aren't brain surgeon material, but what the heck, as long as they can play footy, I don't care!

Post Thanks / Like

Lack of intellectual prowess has never been a barrier to a long and successful football career...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]