Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anyone care about footy tipping anymore?

Have no interest in it anymore. Like others have said SC has taken over although the challenge now is to get our IT security boffins to lift the recent call to block the site along with all web proxies, bleedin brownshirts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Footy tips died when they put the odds on Optus Footytips.

Now anyone without a clue ticks the favorites. We have 100 odd in our office footy tips and a dozen pick the same every week.
    I love the version of Footy Tipping that the Herald Sun has where you get points based on the odds the respective sides are at. ie. If Geelong are 1.25 to win thats how many points you get if you tip them and they win. I find it's always a lot of fun and rewards you better for tipping the upset.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

No, I've completely lost interest.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

When I lived in Sydney, my local watering hole was footy tipping mad. AFL, NRL, NSL, Super 10/12's, even NBL. Individual competitions for each and an overall tipping champion as well. I never won a single footy code comp but 3 out of 5 years, I took out the best overall tipper. I still enjoy a tipping comp but with the Buckingham Hotel shutting down, I am going to have to find a new comp this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    Does this mean you will be missing from the Friday arvo line-up of tips?
    Yes. I announced my retirement at the end of last season. After doing the show for five years and having to be up at 2.45am every Friday morning for 26 weeks of the year, I had had enough. Last year's team didn't seem to click as well as when Alan Attwood and Gerard Whateley were tipping with Lindy and me. I had planned on stopping before last year's shows, but Lindy convinced me to stay so there'd be some continuity from the previous seasons. I enjoyed the run I had and enjoyed my fifteen minutes of fame. Even though I didn't receive a thing from the ABC for doing it, the gig opened up many doors for me and I got to meet so many people that I never would have met without the exposure. It even got me an upgrade on my United flights from Melbourne to Chicago last year! Hell, I was asked to sign a couple of autographs!
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaDruid View Post
    When I lived in Sydney, my local watering hole was footy tipping mad. AFL, NRL, NSL, Super 10/12's, even NBL. Individual competitions for each and an overall tipping champion as well. I never won a single footy code comp but 3 out of 5 years, I took out the best overall tipper. I still enjoy a tipping comp but with the Buckingham Hotel shutting down, I am going to have to find a new comp this season.
    What would possess you to live in Sydney for 5 years!

Spewin about the Buck. Had many a drunken afternoon there after taking a sick day to watch the intra club on a friday (as it has been on occasion), and then finding my way there for lunch and a few bevies, only to stagger outside in the dark and work out how to get back to Glen Waverley. Ahh memories!