Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day 2011 - R6 Western Bulldogs vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Andrew, If you had to choose between Jones or Grant, who would you have in the F line with Baz?

Sherman certainly plays like a crumber.
    He's the closest thing we have to a crumber but I'm positive that is not why we recruited him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    If you had to choose between Jones or Grant, who would you have in the F line with Baz?
    Probably Jones at this stage.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    We really don't have a true crumbing scorer so we're SOL there. I'd like to see smaller forwards leading and kicking goals. Higgins and Gia play that role well and I haven't seen much of Vez but I believe that is something he is good at, it's something I'd like see more of. I think it would work better with Jones as the mids aren't as one dimensional. That's just the way I see it.

Jones won't ever kick 80 goals but do we really want him to do it?

You're right Baz won't ever be left out of the team if he's fit. Hudson, if fit will also come straight back in. I'm starting to think that is not a good thing.
    True we don't have a true crumbing scorer. Sherm has played this role Ok the last couple, and stolen a couple. I'm no expert, but it seems our forwards are often not even in the vicinity when such potential chances crop up - and Sherm has been.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Jones contested well, he was too much for Maxwell one on one and Mick had shifted him to the forward half.
    The only blight on Jones game is the missed opportunities and could have had 3 goals against his name and maybe needed a bit of patience so he didn't kick into the man on the mark.
    At this stage I would keep Jones in and drop Grant who hasn't marked the ball in awhile.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Face it, we're rebuilding and our window of the last three years appears shut. I'm happy to be playing the kids, it's the only way they'll get better at this level because in two/three years time the 150+ gamers will not be there. Too late to give the kids a go then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Face it, we're rebuilding and our window of the last three years appears shut. I'm happy to be playing the kids, it's the only way they'll get better at this level because in two/three years time the 150+ gamers will not be there. Too late to give the kids a go then.
    I'm not sure I agree with this. Even with one player not firing, it can really cause a blow out. It's like a tug of war. when one person craps out, you need someone else to work twice as hard to take their place. But you can't do that for 4quarters or on a paddock where one player who goes missing leaves a huge hole.

Not having a pot at you, and I've thought about it myself...but
    Are we that much worse than Carlton? Their season is still alive.
    Are we much worse than Hawthorn? Were a few points behind Freo and nobody seems to think they're rebuilding.

I do feel a bit cranky about last night, but still believe we can win more than we lose.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

It was interesting how the last quarter panned out, we Sub Roughead for Moles and Minson has to shoulder the ruck himself, now Minson is being dragged from pillar to post and his tank is running empty, we can't park his ample backside in the goal square to give us a target as Roughead is off, now our forward line is empty , our forwards are up the ground , Murphy and Lake are thrown forward , now our backline is exposed , Brown goes forward bangs four home, the Collingwood smalls are now given too much space as our backline is tired, they bang some more home , we get punched by 48

Now, is we Sub Hill for Moles, Roughead and Jones ( 197cm ) take the ruck , Minson parks his ample backside in the goal square , Sherman and Grant stay in the 50, Lake and Murphy stay in the backline , now the hypothetical final score is ?????????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post
    It was interesting how the last quarter panned out, we Sub Roughead for Moles and Minson has to shoulder the ruck himself, now Minson is being dragged from pillar to post and his tank is running empty, we can't park his ample backside in the goal square to give us a target as Roughead is off, now our forward line is empty , our forwards are up the ground , Murphy and Lake are thrown forward , now our backline is exposed , Brown goes forward bangs four home, the Collingwood smalls are now given too much space as our backline is tired, they bang some more home , we get punched by 48

Now, is we Sub Hill for Moles, Roughead and Jones ( 197cm ) take the ruck , Minson parks his ample backside in the goal square , Sherman and Grant stay in the 50, Lake and Murphy stay in the backline , now the hypothetical final score is ?????????

Roughead was knackered and would not have run out the game. He would have been a massive liability in the ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post

Now, is we Sub Hill for Moles, Roughead and Jones ( 197cm ) take the ruck , Minson parks his ample backside in the goal square , Sherman and Grant stay in the 50, Lake and Murphy stay in the backline , now the hypothetical final score is ?????????.
    But Roughead can hardly run due to a badly corked thigh and we effectively play one short, now the hypothetical scoreline blows out to ?????

Oops, too slow with my post.
    Last edited by Before I Die; 02-05-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Gazumped by Westdog54

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Roughead was knackered and would not have run out the game. He would have been a massive liability in the ruck.
    Too true, he could barely run to the bench.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    But Roughead can hardly run due to a badly corked thigh and we effectively play one short, now the hypothetical scoreline blows out to ?????

Oops, too slow with my post.
    I missed that point, hang on a minute , I,ll go back to the drawing board , drawing board still blank, no still blank , it does,nt matter which way I switch it around , well, it might have made a difference if Sherman and Grant stayed in the forward 50, Jones helps Minson in the ruck , no , I,ll cop the 48 point loss and move on to next week

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Cant forget about the trip back from Perth, not an excuse but still a reason.
    Sorry but other teams travel every second week. While we keep making this excuse we will never improve.

We just need to grow a set.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Sorry but other teams travel every second week. While we keep making this excuse we will never improve.

We just need to grow a set.
    Sorry but I'm really a bit over that call. We've played quite a bit of dumb 'hard'footy.
    What we really needed was to slow it down a bit at certain stages and be a bit efficient.

Instead, we have Boyd, bombing it without even looking into their hands. Now I cannot ever question his cahoonas. but it just happenes all ....the.....time.
    Others have cited the diving on the ground, not keeping the feet. Sometimes there is no other option but we do play a lot of 'knee ball' The slow motion footage of Krakouer dancing around our guys as they fell over was like something out of a bad dream...
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Not sure on this, I still think we have a good group of players and we will get better as the season goes on. I think from memory we had 13 under the knife at the end of last year and having the bye so early is not ideal.

We have some quality to come back in and with Lake, Cooney, Gilbee and Higgo all needing games under their belt we should improve week on week.

We will win enough games to make the final 8 and if we peak with no injury's sides will want to miss us in the finals draw.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.