Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day 2012 - R2 Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    West Coast and Adelaide are two very tough assignments to start the season for him. Crows had the home advantage and we still gave them a shake. Like the way he responded and also how he carried himself in the press conference as well.
    It looks like Macca doesn't like facing the press alone, each time he has had a player with him.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    It looks like Macca doesn't like facing the press alone, each time he has had a player with him.
    It's say thats more a club directive, give the players experience with the media.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    It's say thats more a club directive, give the players experience with the media.
    It happened last year as well and other clubs do it also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It happened last year as well and other clubs do it also.
    Carlton - Adelaide, Essendon. All seem to be doing it. Although Adelaide's bloke was late and walked in half way through!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

It's an AFL requirement that the coach and a player attend all post match press conferences.

It was brought in this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I must say, I'm surprised by the lack of Gia love in this thread. It certainly wasn't a dominant performance by Gia, but gee he's an important player. Perhaps he's one who looks better at the game where you can get a better feel for just how good his vision and execution can be?

Post Thanks / Like

Gia is extremely under rated i have watched him in both games and he is a true fighter, the first qtrs he has been our focal point.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How are they any different from last year? They lost a few players and I don't remember any major draft picks?

I think it will be a close game.
    Sorry for the late (14 pages late) reply, but I see some huge parallels with West Coast from the year before. West Coast finally got their full list on the park and had improvement from their bottom third and were a completely different side.

Adelaides midfield is going to keep getting better (with younger players like Sloane, Dangerfield and Mackay coming on), Tom Lynch is going to be a handy addition, Porplyzia and Callinan were out for most of last year and will also add to an already potent forward line (we would be happy with one of their twin towers wouldn't we?) and Talia is going to be massive for their defence. I know Preseason form is a bit like shiny packaging on an inferior product sometimes, but I don't think they will miss finals and I would be suprised if they weren't in the top 6.

I think we should definitely be taking some positives from staying with West Coast and Adelaide for the majority of the game.

Post Thanks / Like

WHo is the Bulldogs forward line coach?

Watching the game from behind the goals i thought our forward 50's were generally inept and seemed to be lacking any sense of purpose or plan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    WHo is the Bulldogs forward line coach?

Watching the game from behind the goals i thought our forward 50's were generally inept and seemed to be lacking any sense of purpose or plan.
    Brett Montgomery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Brett Montgomery

Love to read some recent interviews with him as to how he thinks we are travelling. Has a big job cut out for him.