Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Powerful Paddy pushes through

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Vez showed a lot of class for Willy yesterday. Just needs to build that tank.
    Needs to do a 'Jobe Watson' on himself.

then again......................who knows what Jobe actually did?
    There's no secret to it, Jobe just worked his arse off and applied himself. From what I've been told/gathered he just immersed himself in managing his fitness to capitalise on every opportunity to improve. When he had the capacity to complete extra running sessions, he did. When he was able to take some time to complete a half hour of serious boxing, he did that. He became meticulous in his recovery.

Vesz looks the best I've seen him over the weekend (which is a shame, because he's carrying the body of a 20 year old that is just starting to learn, rather than a 24 year old that has already), and it's little surprise his performance was one where he was able to give himself opportunity to finish with his exceptional finishing skills.

Hopefully it's not too late for him, because he's a very talented footballer, and like Mof said he's done himself no harm with his most recent performance.

Post Thanks / Like

What surprised me with Vez on the weekend was just how good his kicking really is. It is elite and a joy to watch.

He also looked more clear in the mind than I have seen before. He always seems so troubled.

It would be a great story and a strong endorsement for the coaching staff if he can come good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    What surprised me with Vez on the weekend was just how good his kicking really is. It is elite and a joy to watch.

He also looked more clear in the mind than I have seen before. He always seems so troubled.

It would be a great story and a strong endorsement for the coaching staff if he can come good.
    And we'd get one up on Sydney. Come ON VESPA!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Thought Vez may have been a chance this weekend, but still not in.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Thought Vez may have been a chance this weekend, but still not in.
    Worrying - didn't feature much over the pre-season either.

Have his papers been stamped? If he keeps performing at VFL level the MC will have no choice but to select him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Worrying - didn't feature much over the pre-season either.

Have his papers been stamped? If he keeps performing at VFL level the MC will have no choice but to select him.
    Possibly both he and Grant need to perform consistently before being considered. They have been in the system a long time and, unlike those with credits for long term performance, they are probably carrying a few long term debits.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured