Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day - R16 Western Bulldogs V Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBleed View Post
    On another note, did anyone else see the punch thrown by (I think) Hooker after we scored a goal? Been waiting for some mention of it - fair whack to the head which dropped one of our players, caused a bit of a push and shove, got the spare umpire out of his chair. Nothing on the MRP (Big surprise). Probably missed by the cameras as it was in advertising time, but maybe on fox (which I dont have...)
    On Grant in front of the Bulldogs race?

Didn't think it was a punch, more whack with the forearm... but I was sitting in the opposite corner of the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We only had 3 in at the bounce... the players (Will & Libba) were yelling at Tutt to come in to make the numbers even, but he was standing there like a rabbit in the headlights... Will won the clearance by himself, but as you saw he gave it to Tutt.
    After Minno's effort against WCE a few years back (where Cooney beat Cox in the ruck) it's amazing how things have come full circle.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBleed View Post
    In the 1st quarter when it looked like it was going to be "one of those" days, I decided I'd blot out the pain by watching Griffen specifically, instead of following the ball.

Three things stood out. The first was how effective he was at continuing to work after a hit, a scrag, or a sly punch. The second was that the major blocker for him at stoppages was none other than A. Cooney, who took a heap of hits making sure Griff got a chance at a free run. The third, and most impressive was how far and wide I had to search for him when I got distracted by the game and followed the ball. I'd look away for a few moments following the ball, and he'd have switched sides of the ground, or run a third of the ground away from the last contest. Really impressive tank. My only knock would be the occasional grab and kick in traffic, which seemed to result in too many turnovers. As for occasionally getting run down or trapped, I have no problem with it, as he was taking on the opposition, something I've long admired him for. No risk, no reward.

On another note, did anyone else see the punch thrown by (I think) Hooker after we scored a goal? Been waiting for some mention of it - fair whack to the head which dropped one of our players, caused a bit of a push and shove, got the spare umpire out of his chair. Nothing on the MRP (Big surprise). Probably missed by the cameras as it was in advertising time, but maybe on fox (which I dont have...)

C.
    Really liked this post!! I was at the game and I am fairly sure jarrad grant got dropped, how this didn't result in at least a free in the centre after the dal goal sums up our luck on the day. Cale hooker was the one who did it I think. The replay doesn't show it but libba and clay come in to remonstrate. I love how libba doesn't stand for us being bullied around!! Same with clay. Absolutey shattered he's out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claysmyman View Post
    Really liked this post!! I was at the game and I am fairly sure jarrad grant got dropped, how this didn't result in at least a free in the centre after the dal goal sums up our luck on the day. Cale hooker was the one who did it I think. The replay doesn't show it but libba and clay come in to remonstrate. I love how libba doesn't stand for us being bullied around!! Same with clay. Absolutey shattered he's out.
    Off topic but could Libba be our next captain? Has developed into one of our top five players and shows great leadership out on the ground the way he always flies the flag for his team mates. Don't recall his name coming up a lot when we talk about our next captain. Obviously Griff deserves outright favouritism but I reckon Libba is closing the gap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Off topic but could Libba be our next captain? Has developed into one of our top five players and shows great leadership out on the ground the way he always flies the flag for his team mates. Don't recall his name coming up a lot when we talk about our next captain. Obviously Griff deserves outright favouritism but I reckon Libba is closing the gap.
    Has a way to go in his off field professionalism before this would be considered IMO. His improvement this year has been a highlight.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Really worked into VC territory this season. Will and Griff first cabs atm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Has a way to go in his off field professionalism before this would be considered IMO. His improvement this year has been a highlight.
    Yeah....I decided not to raise this even though it is an obvious issue. Can't help but think moving him into the captain or vice captain roles might be the making of him.

Post Thanks / Like

We may yet have won this game v Bombers...if they have the points taken off them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    We may yet have won this game v Bombers...if they have the points taken off them.
    It's looking less likely that the AFL will go down this road. The interesting part is can the hierarchy of the AFL survive if there was an Essendon premiership this year?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's looking less likely that the AFL will go down this road. The interesting part is can the hierarchy of the AFL survive if there was an Essendon premiership this year?
    This is something the AFL is very worried about.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah....I decided not to raise this even though it is an obvious issue. Can't help but think moving him into the captain or vice captain roles might be the making of him.
    Yep it could be but I think he is at least 2 clean seasons away from being a chance for it.