Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  30

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Oval Memories

I remember one player in the u19s Des Hicks wearing the no 58 jumper. Dont ask me why I remember just him. Funny thing happened last yr, whilst reading the local paper I see a photo of a park ranger in Werribee named Des Hicks. The article went on to say that he played u19's. Just thought I would share this spooky story with you all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Oval Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I remember one player in the u19s Des Hicks wearing the no 58 jumper. Dont ask me why I remember just him. Funny thing happened last yr, whilst reading the local paper I see a photo of a park ranger in Werribee named Des Hicks. The article went on to say that he played u19's. Just thought I would share this spooky story with you all.
    I never saw much of the u19's, but plenty of the reserves. We usually arrived at the ground just after half time for the reserves and watch the second half before the main match. I think the U19's played at the away ground when the main game was at home.

I do miss watching the reserves. Going down to watch the VFL these days isnot as good as watching your own club.