Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

A Don turned Dog writes about his first match as a newbie

Not sure if this is right place to post this.

An Essendon fan recently decided that he'd had enough of his club's appalling behaviour in the drug scandal, its blind adherence to Cult Hird, and refusal to take responsibility. He decided to do one of the most challenging things in sport - change teams. Luckily for us he chose us, liking our connections to the community and the resilience of our fans.

He's published this piece on how it felt to go along on Saturday night and barrack against his old club. Captures the surreal experience really well. Recommend it as a fascinating perspective - how WOULD it be to go along and barrack against Murph and Morris, for example.

Link here http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/afl-r...inal-frontier/

( I also wrote about his intriguing experience on my blog http://www.bulldogtragician.com/1/po...placement.html which also contains a link to his original article)
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Don turned Dog writes about his first match as a newbie

Great stuff. When was your last flag? Smug conceited arrogant and a sense of entitlement .
    Sums Cult Hird up

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting read. It's fascinating going back over his past blogs and reading his reasons for embracing the True Faith.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Great stuff. When was your last flag? Smug conceited arrogant and a sense of entitlement .
    Sums Cult Hird up
    Have heard this a million times in my life - wankers
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

When was your last injection?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Wow this is an amazing article! I couldn't imagine ever being in the same situation...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting Tbt, great article, not sure I would ever be able to do the same.
    Although I did say if it had of been the Doggies at the centre of the injection controversy and we had taken the same disgusting path of denial as Essendon, I would have considered not following a team in the AFL again.

The first time I have seen 'The Footy Almanac' so thanks also for putting me onto it.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    The first time I have seen 'The Footy Almanac' so thanks also for putting me onto it.

Yep. Good site.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.