Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cooney - Gone?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cooney - Gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    What if we cop an injury early in the game?
    That goes for any sub. You could what if til the cows come home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wb_age View Post
    Cooney just tweeted about a retired NBA player making a comeback. Brandon Roy retired due to a degenerative knee problem and having no cartlidge left in his knee.

Led me to these articles, considering it was he who led me here. I wonder if he or the club are considering the same treatment used by NBA docs.

Related articles - interesting reads

http://physiodetective.com/2012/02/2...ed-good-rehab/

http://metromd.net/brandon-roy-athle...-cell-therapy/

Cheers
    thanks for posting that, it was an interesting read. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for coons. It would be an amazing sight to see Adam in full flight again.

Post Thanks / Like

Called it 2 years ago, but surely the time has come..Cooneys gone. No impact as a sub! Would of rathered Gia come on!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rance Fan View Post
    Called it 2 years ago, but surely the time has come..Cooneys gone. No impact as a sub! Would of rathered Gia come on!!
    He was pretty poor today, although it was first game back after a long lay off. I'm sure he'll cop a bake from the coaching staff for some of his efforts, but on reflection, hopefully they are prepared to admit they made the wrong call bringing him straight back in and starting him as sub - it wasn't a good move.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have preferred him to start on after such a long lay off. Not a good performance, irrespective of the timing of his TOG.

Post Thanks / Like

He should have had a run at Footscray first.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

When I heard he was named on Thursday night, I thought that he had pushed in front of a couple (Smith & Honeychurch) and reflected that his days as an instant inclusion might be over.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He should have had a run at Footscray first.
    This. He's no longer a walk up starter and needs to earn s spot. Smith should have been there tonight and may have avoided a knee injury. I know, its cruel to think of it like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Disagree. He's good enough and has been playing well enough this year to command it.

I don't agree with him being sub, as I think it's a bit much after a lay-off but that's just personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Not everyone is as good as Gia at being the sub
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Cooney gone - definitely not.
    Cooney underdone - probably. In hindsight (which is an amazing thing) he should of played through Footscray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Disagree. He's good enough and has been playing well enough this year to command it.

I don't agree with him being sub, as I think it's a bit much after a lay-off but that's just personal preference.
    Has he really been that good this year?

Considering Smith had been in fantastic form in the VFL, and Honeychurch had been good the last two weeks, and Cooney hasn't played for 4-5 weeks, he really shouldn't have come straight back.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

To say he had no impact on the game is generous because he had a negative impact. His missed tackle on winderlich was terrible but his effort straight after that of a slow jog was embarrassing. Yeah he was underdone but for me he just does not work anywhere near hard enough defensively and that's why I wasn't thrilled to see his name in the team. Clay Smith no doubt should have been there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    To say he had no impact on the game is generous because he had a negative impact. His missed tackle on winderlich was terrible but his effort straight after that of a slow jog was embarrassing. Yeah he was underdone but for me he just does not work anywhere near hard enough defensively and that's why I wasn't thrilled to see his name in the team. Clay Smith no doubt should have been there.
    Totally agree. Was an awful effort to tackle and chase which resulted in a goal. Was the turning point for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Gone., I doubt it.
    Underdone, certainly.
    Should he have played in front of others, in hindsight No.
    Should Adam or the selectors cop the flack for his efforts, selectors for mine.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.