Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 Game Day Round 20 - St. Kilda V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Up until his hammy he has been very good this year, consistently good. He came back from injury and played three quarters over two weeks and now he is back to fitness. The MC should have brought him back through the VFL but chose to do it this way.
    Which was a horrible call. This decision may have cost us a game against the Bombers. Coons has got to string games like this together which IMO has struggled to do all season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I'm worried by the Hayes factor. I'm worried by a sense of complacency going around this week and its effects on our stocks:

Saints uptick by 7 points.
    Liquidation order: Higgins.
    Delisting notice: Cooney
    Premium write-down notifications: several others
    The worlds full of unemployed wannabe comedians. You seem to take a level of delight in potting players.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes and many on here deserve it.
    Seems fair enough.

One good game against the worst team in the league.

That being said, you can only perform against who you're against. Adam did good today. I still have reservations about how we will handle him going forward, but let's see what he gives us for the rest of the year.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Up until his hammy he has been very good this year, consistently good. He came back from injury and played three quarters over two weeks and now he is back to fitness. The MC should have brought him back through the VFL but chose to do it this way.
    He's been inconsistent this season . ( he was more consistent last season)
    Give the fanboy routine a spell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Seems fair enough.

One good game against the worst team in the league.

That being said, you can only perform against who you're against. Adam did good today. I still have reservations about how we will lot handle him going forward, but let's see what he gives us for the rest of the year.
    He was good today, but he needs to put it together.
    He often goes cold during games ( the injury has killed him) unfortunately

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    He's been inconsistent this season . ( he was more consistent last season)
    Give the fanboy routine a spell
    Why don't you give it a spell with this nonsense fanboy, cheer leader bullshit.

You think he has played one good game this year, that is a joke. How quickly people forget.

Season Highlights
    25 disps (14 kicks 11 hballs), 5 marks and 3 goals in Rd 20 23-pt win over St Kilda at Etihad Stadium (10 Aug 2014)
    25 disps (15 kicks 10 hballs), 7 marks, 7 tackles and a goal in Rd 12 8-pt loss to Brisbane at Etihad Stadium (7 Jun 2014)
    26 disps (12 kicks 14 hballs) and 5 tackles in Rd 11 38-pt loss to Fremantle at Etihad Stadium (1 Jun 2014)
    25 disps (12 kicks 13 hballs), 3 marks and a goal in Rd 8 16-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (10 May 2014)
    26 disps (15 kicks 11 hballs), 8 marks, 4 tackles and a goal in Rd 7 8-pt loss to Essendon at Etihad Stadium (3 May 2014)
    23 disps (14 kicks 9 hballs), 6 marks, 8 tackles and a goal in Rd 2 29-pt loss to North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium (30 Mar 2014)
    26 disps (15 kicks 11 hballs) and 5 marks in Rd 1 65-pt loss to West Coast at Patersons Stadium (23 Mar 2014)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Very impressed with the Rat today.

How come we can attack and quickly move the ball and then it just dries up for a quarter?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I never actually said Adam's played only one good game for the year.
    Seriously mate, stats mean bugger all in this era. So you can put whatever spin you'd like on that.
    Cooney's not the same impact player he was back in 08, much to the games detriment .
    Just stop chest beating for 5 seconds, and let's all hope he can finish the season strongly.

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you give it a spell with this nonsense fanboy, cheer leader bullshit.

You think he has played one good game this year, that is a joke. How quickly people forget.

Season Highlights
    25 disps (14 kicks 11 hballs), 5 marks and 3 goals in Rd 20 23-pt win over St Kilda at Etihad Stadium (10 Aug 2014)
    25 disps (15 kicks 10 hballs), 7 marks, 7 tackles and a goal in Rd 12 8-pt loss to Brisbane at Etihad Stadium (7 Jun 2014)
    26 disps (12 kicks 14 hballs) and 5 tackles in Rd 11 38-pt loss to Fremantle at Etihad Stadium (1 Jun 2014)
    25 disps (12 kicks 13 hballs), 3 marks and a goal in Rd 8 16-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (10 May 2014)
    26 disps (15 kicks 11 hballs), 8 marks, 4 tackles and a goal in Rd 7 8-pt loss to Essendon at Etihad Stadium (3 May 2014)
    23 disps (14 kicks 9 hballs), 6 marks, 8 tackles and a goal in Rd 2 29-pt loss to North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium (30 Mar 2014)
    26 disps (15 kicks 11 hballs) and 5 marks in Rd 1 65-pt loss to West Coast at Patersons Stadium (23 Mar 2014)

Thanks Bornadog you saved me the hassle. Even though he probably hasn't been as damaging as years gone by but he has had quite a few good games but a couple of down ones too. His figures are alright by me and easily in our best 22.

There's a few posters on here who have been calling for his head for 2 or 3 years who just won't back down. Some of the dribble is just cringeworthy and embarrassing at times. He isn't perfect so some of the criticism is justified but Seriously if he is having a downer the same posters start the jungle drums!

Yes I know I've heard the 'it was only the bottom side' he should be playing good. Well Griff and Libba only got 20 and Jack I think was only 19 but he got crunched early which took the wind out of his sails. So I guess they had Shockers? Cooney tapered off late but he could've easily kicked 5, the week he did his hammy he was flying so his year could've easily been really good.

That's what annoys me with some of the dribble, we retire him and he will go elsewhere and make us look a fool. We trade him and we won't get a good enough deal. For me he stays a Bulldog Great.

Anyone who feels different watch the Replay where Higgins and Cooney link up along the Boundary and the pass to Hunter in the last.....Silk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Interesting. I never actually said Adam's played only one good game for the year.
    Seriously mate, stats mean bugger all in this era. So you can put whatever spin you'd like on that.
    Cooney's not the same impact player he was back in 08, much to the games detriment .
    Just stop chest beating for 5 seconds, and let's all hope he can finish the season strongly.
    Remi you've been calling for his head for years, he was 22 in '08' he is nearly 29. But far from finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooner17 View Post
    Remi you've been calling for his head for years, he was 22 in '08' he is nearly 29. But far from finished.
    What? That is utter b/s. Adam by his own admission was in trouble career wise a few years ago. Adam's output isn't as consistent as it was back in his early years( even he'd concede that) If Adam Cooney's in great career form and has no ongoing issues, why did the club only sign him for two years? Next three weeks I hope Adam displays great form

Post Thanks / Like

Probably because he is 29 he only got another 2 years and by then the chance other clubs will want a 31 is probably nil and then we sign him up a lot cheaper if he is still going alright.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Very impressed with the Rat today.
    Ditto - his decision making and foot skills were very noticeable
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers