Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Koby Stevens

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Koby Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Koby's never going to be a tagger. His career to this point has been too proactive for that.

He'll be in the side within no time, we need his hard body around the ball. Tonight's effort will be too hard to sustain without him, let alone with him after a good month or so of regular season footy.
    Maybe not as quick as you think. The focus this year on skill and decision making might hold Koby back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    You want to drop Picken? Stevens could come in for Goodes or Honeychurch without a role change
    No, didn't say drop him at all. I'm asking whether we change his role with a view lng term to an ageing Picken. For this year, have him play the role in the VFL and see if his form knocks Picken out. Also, Hrovat is the Honey replacement and a Darley/Biggs/recruit is the Goodes one (half backers). I'm just wondering if he could do the job, could he have shut Hurn down last night for instance?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Despite being much-maligned, his disposal has improved a lot, he runs hard, he can mark and kick goals. He'll be back shortly, playing versatile roles as match ups dictate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Despite being much-maligned, his disposal has improved a lot, he runs hard, he can mark and kick goals. He'll be back shortly, playing versatile roles as match ups dictate.
    Those are also exactly the virtues of a very good defensive forward and tagger. Tyson Goldsack for instance. The position isn't punishment, and requires a good player.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Those are also exactly the virtues of a very good defensive forward and tagger. Tyson Goldsack for instance. The position isn't punishment, and requires a good player.
    I'm sure he'll do roles there, and roles through the middle too, both attacking and defensive.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think he will come in for Goodes.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, Hrovat is the Honey replacement and a Darley/Biggs/recruit is the Goodes one (half backers).
    Darley & Biggs would be competing with Murphy, Wood, Boyd & JJ, not Goodes

I'm just wondering if he could do the job, could he have shut Hurn down last night for instance?
    Half of Hurn's work was done from kickouts
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff