Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Round 12

Bankers:

T Boyd - Much better tonight compared to previous weeks

Stringer - Going to a great forward

Wood - Really great down back for us

Mentions also to M Boyd, Picken and JJ who I thought were good tonight as well.

Anchors:

Our period of play towards the end of the 2nd quarter

Gifting the opposition easy goals
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    Boyd pushing Stringer out of the way and marking the ball in the goal square. For now the square is Boydy's space and tonight he made it his. If anyone is going to take easy marks in it its him.

Umpires finally looking after Tom Boyd. When two players couldn't hold him down while tap other went for the ball he kicks 4.

Grant. He seems to be on board at last. Last night was probably his best game.

Only Anchor is kicking for goal but we kicked straight at the end when we got well on top
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers-
    Mitch Wallis- contested animal and showed he has a few tricks by hitting the scoreboard.

Tom Boyd- much better intent this week and was rewarded by hitting the scoreboard.

Hamling- really liked his game again.

Anchors-
    Handballing- what is with AFL players inability to perform this basic skill? It drives me nuts!

Minson- not much impact from Wilbur, happening more often than not these days unfortunately.

Turnovers in the middle of the ground. Cost us a number of goals last night.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Wallis- Was in everything last night and hit the scoreboard too. I was surprised to see at the end of the game he only had low 20s possessions, it felt like he had it on a string.

Stringer- I thought we'd kick a goal everytime the ball went to his area.

T Boyd- Great to see him clunking some big marks and kicking goals.

Anchors

Overuse of the ball, especially early. Alarm bells were ringing.

Minson- The game looks to have gone past him
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Bankers

Wallis- Was in everything last night and hit the scoreboard too. I was surprised to see at the end of the game he only had low 20s possessions, it felt like he had it on a string.

Stringer- I thought we'd kick a goal everytime the ball went to his area.

T Boyd- Great to see him clunking some big marks and kicking goals.

Anchors

Overuse of the ball, especially early. Alarm bells were ringing.

Minson- The game looks to have gone past him
    In the last quarter when Boyd shielded the ball in a 180 turn and somehow got it to Dalhaus, Luke has a little look and thinks "great its Jake, I only have to get it near him" because he just didn't have time to hit someone lace out.

6. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

B:
    Wally kicking goals.
    Stevens contest with Robertson. Always bad to see an injury, but boy, Stevens went hard.
    Umpires finally taking a look at what Boyd contests against each week.

A:
    The crowd, poor turnout, albeit bigger than I thought it would be at 7pm.
    Over use of handball at times. I get sometimes you need to run a and carry through the press, but we need to better identify when we do.
    Easy goals for Lions. We still let too many easy ones out the back, but I suppose it happens when you get through our press, perhaps a take the bad with the good situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

McLean: really clean hands and also put his nose over it when we had to. looks a real player.
    Hamling- really competitive and great in the air. Making it hard for Talia at the moment.
    A team banker for the play when Bonti busted through 2 tackles to keep it moving forward, after the Hrovat kick Boyd was able to keep the ball in play and moving our way, then Dahl over to Stringer who missed Grant in the goal square but still managed to kick it. Was just a series of our players refusing to lose a contest and willing it forward.

Anchors:

Thought Macrae had a good game but still needs to use the first option more.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    Jake - for adding to his unbelievable goal highlights reel
    McLean - clean hands and great kick, looks to hit a target in the forward line instead of bombing it in, great abilities to have
    Hamling and Roberts, both starting to take marks in the backline ala a former no. 36 we used to have

Anchors - BT commentating, I love Jake more than anyone but BT was just annoyingly over the top
    Second qtr ball use, too many turn overs
    weather, I was so cold I wanted the siren to blow in the last qtr, to get to somewhere warmer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teds Robot View Post
    Bankers
    Jake - for adding to his unbelievable goal highlights reel
    McLean - clean hands and great kick, looks to hit a target in the forward line instead of bombing it in, great abilities to have
    Hamling and Roberts, both starting to take marks in the backline ala a former no. 36 we used to have

Anchors - BT commentating, I love Jake more than anyone but BT was just annoyingly over the top
    Second qtr ball use, too many turn overs
    weather, I was so cold I wanted the siren to blow in the last qtr, to get to somewhere warmer
    I've just finished the replay on my planner. How does channel 7 manage to make a 70 point win just an annoying experience for TV. It was just awful. This is the best anchor nomination this year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

B.
    Wood. Playing with verve and confidence.
    Stringer. When he plays well, he plays with an arrogance that we so need
    Players who get a hand in to strip the opposition of the ball.

A.

A boring game of football. Far too many sloppy disposals, short kicks, fumbles and missed targets.... And there wasn't the intensity of, say, the Swans' game...a lot of wide play by both sides, which becomes repetitive and dull after a while....

Set ups at centre bounces. We lose some clearances because we are not covering, but attacking.......which may not work against top sides.... Stoppages. We need to yet again work on this. We have too many going at the ball or on one side, meaning that if it gets out the back, we can be easy to score against.

Pressure. When we don't have space and can't get a clear run to flip the ball about, we bomb it forward. I'd love never again to see a player just kick it blindly into the forward line as this is rarely to the advantage of our forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metal View Post
    B.
    Wood. Playing with verve and confidence.
    Stringer. When he plays well, he plays with an arrogance that we so need
    Players who get a hand in to strip the opposition of the ball.

A.

A boring game of football. Far too many sloppy disposals, short kicks, fumbles and missed targets.... And there wasn't the intensity of, say, the Swans' game...a lot of wide play by both sides, which becomes repetitive and dull after a while....

Set ups at centre bounces. We lose some clearances because we are not covering, but attacking.......which may not work against top sides.... Stoppages. We need to yet again work on this. We have too many going at the ball or on one side, meaning that if it gets out the back, we can be easy to score against.

Pressure. When we don't have space and can't get a clear run to flip the ball about, we bomb it forward. I'd love never again to see a player just kick it blindly into the forward line as this is rarely to the advantage of our forwards.

But if they have to do it, kick it straight and direct instead of a big high drop punt that is easy to punch away.