Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What should the cheer squad do differently

If we start winning games our crowd experience will get better for everyone, and the cheer squad will naturally grow and become more inventive.

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love that there is a lot more thought put into their signs these days, 'everything's coming up dahlhaus' and 'wham bam thank you cram' for example along with the funny banners, i always found our banners and cheersquad signs a little cringe worthy to be honest, massive improvement IMO
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great one yesterday about thanking people for being members this year before we were cool.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    I love that there is a lot more thought put into their signs these days, 'everything's coming up dahlhaus' and 'wham bam thank you cram' for example along with the funny banners, i always found our banners and cheersquad signs a little cringe worthy to be honest, massive improvement IMO
    Would you be referring to OUR INSPIRATION??

Post Thanks / Like

Just to the side of the cheer squad yesterday a group of teenage girls were singing a song for Stringer but I didn't get all the words. It was to the tune of winter wonderland and went something like there's only one Jakey Stringer one Jakey String playing along kicking them strong playing in the Stringer wonderland. It went down a treat in the last quarter.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

8. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    Just to the side of the cheer squad yesterday a group of teenage girls were singing a song for Stringer but I didn't get all the words. It was to the tune of winter wonderland and went something like there's only one Jakey Stringer one Jakey String playing along kicking them strong playing in the Stringer wonderland. It went down a treat in the last quarter.

Now that is what the cheer squad should be singing songs like that. We had the old doggie doggie doggiee chant going on level 2. It fizzed out because it so old hat.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They have a Honeychurch song too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Im Not Bitter View Post
    They have a Honeychurch song too
    They should be contacting the head of the cheer squad and get them to print out the words.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    Cheer Squad leaders gave out lyrics a few months back to others in cheer squad - here's the ones I kept....

There's only one Jakey Stringer, one Jakey Stringer, Walking along, Singing a song, Walking in a Stringer Wonderland (to tune of "Winter Wonderland")

The Honeychurch one is to Abba's song "Honey Honey" and has similar words to chorus

All you need is Rough, All you need is Rough, All you need is Rough, Rough, Roughies all you need, Roughies all you need (to tune of Beatle's "All you need is Love")

Let's rock, Everybody let's rock, Everybody in the whole cheer squad was dancing to the Dalhaus rock, Dancing to the Dalhaus rock, Dancing to the Dalhaus rock (to tune of "Jailhouse Rock")

(Murphy chant) "Who's the leader of the team, That plays for you and all? M-U-R-P-H-Y, Murphy's on the ball"

If you've got a good chant or song give it to one of the Cheer Squad front row and you might here it sung soon(in the Grand Final !!)

14. Likes strebla, Bulldog4life, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see a slightly photoshopped version of this iconic logo in the cheer squad collection

The Great Australian Iced Crameri
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Cheer Squad leaders gave out lyrics a few months back to others in cheer squad - here's the ones I kept....

There's only one Jakey Stringer, one Jakey Stringer, Walking along, Singing a song, Walking in a Stringer Wonderland (to tune of "Winter Wonderland")

The Honeychurch one is to Abba's song "Honey Honey" and has similar words to chorus

All you need is Rough, All you need is Rough, All you need is Rough, Rough, Roughies all you need, Roughies all you need (to tune of Beatle's "All you need is Love")

Let's rock, Everybody let's rock, Everybody in the whole cheer squad was dancing to the Dalhaus rock, Dancing to the Dalhaus rock, Dancing to the Dalhaus rock (to tune of "Jailhouse Rock")

(Murphy chant) "Who's the leader of the team, That plays for you and all? M-U-R-P-H-Y, Murphy's on the ball"

If you've got a good chant or song give it to one of the Cheer Squad front row and you might here it sung soon(in the Grand Final !!)
    Perhaps the whole crowd should be singing those songs

18. Likes strebla liked this post