Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So. Did we tank the Hawthorn and West Coast games?

Won't seem so smart if we miss top 4 by a couple % points, will it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Won't seem so smart if we miss top 4 by a couple % points, will it?
    Simple way of looking at it. If we went full on vs Eagles, would we have been able to smash North late in the game? We also smashed an inform Adelaide team post Hawks game.

Also, look at the form of Matthew Boyd. He looked gone at the start of the year. We have to factor in the man management.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we man manage every game constantly throughout the season. I don't think the Hawthorn or WCE games were exceptional and I don't think we conceded (tanked) them.

Every game is a balance between best 22, team development and managing players through a season.

I think it's hubris for us to mistake that for tanking (which means intentionally losing) any game where we are well beaten.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I think we man manage every game constantly throughout the season. I don't think the Hawthorn or WCE games were exceptional and I don't think we conceded (tanked) them.

Every game is a balance between best 22, team development and managing players through a season.

I think it's hubris for us to mistake that for tanking (which means intentionally losing) any game where we are well beaten.
    I totally agree. That Hawks game, Bonts was actually injured too. We also rested Bob against Port.

I guess I am saying the man management has served us very well rather than specific weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I totally agree. That Hawks game, Bonts was actually injured too. We also rested Bob against Port.

I guess I am saying the man management has served us very well rather than specific weeks.
    Yup. 100%.

The wonder of this year is that, given our youth, we have been stretched too thin so rarely. Testament to the quality of our list and the skill of our coaching/conditioning staff and match committee.