Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 100 of 160 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2396
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    "These concerns were written in a letter from Dr Reid addressed to Hamilton and myself.

Unfortunately, I was not given a copy of this letter and did not see this letter until over a year after it was written."

Doesn't stack up. Senior coaches are so wary of supplements and drugs in sport. If you knew the club doc was putting something in writing regards illegal supplements, and you didn't get it, you would chase it up.
    Yup. Reid and Hird work in close proximity and are in regular contact, often daily. Reid feels strongly enough to write a letter and send out multiple copies, but never brings it up in conversation (even after Hird hasn't replied in months). Please.

2. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He really shot himself in the foot by immediately taking full responsibility and then retreating from that position by large degrees within a very short period.

If he had have been able to demonstrate the delineation between the process and himself immediately - which he wasn't able to do - then he'd be perceived differently.

It would have sure beaten having to await the evidence to be exposed, and adapting his story retrospectively to suit it.

4. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He presented as a cross-code success story. It satisfied the due diligence.
    I don't know what Hird thinks due diligence means but hes obviously got it around the wrong way.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    "These concerns were written in a letter from Dr Reid addressed to Hamilton and myself.

Unfortunately, I was not given a copy of this letter and did not see this letter until over a year after it was written."

Doesn't stack up. Senior coaches are so wary of supplements and drugs in sport. If you knew the club doc was putting something in writing regards illegal supplements, and you didn't get it, you would chase it up.
    Totally agree. If true, by his own admission, Hird demonstrates gross negligence.
    Reads more like a desperate attempt to cover his backside. Wasn't me!!!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't know what Hird thinks due diligence means but hes obviously got it around the wrong way.
    Yup. The guy ultimately responsible for sourcing the drugs and administering the injections held no qualifications as a doctor, chemist or even sports scientist - a basic due diligence would've identified that.

Just like a basic due diligence would've identified that all records of drugs obtained, or being taken, were mysteriously not being kept/disappearing inexplicably.

I don't even think this amounts to poor due diligence, it's so abysmally sub-standard, that it's hard not to conclude they knew exactly what they were doing (especially when you consider the waivers and the active conspiracy to keep details from Reid and ASADA).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Yup. The guy ultimately responsible for sourcing the drugs and administering the injections held no qualifications as a doctor, chemist or even sports scientist - a basic due diligence would've identified that.

Just like a basic due diligence would've identified that all records of drugs obtained, or being taken, were mysteriously not being kept/disappearing inexplicably.

I don't even think this amounts to poor due diligence, it's so abysmally sub-standard, that it's hard not to conclude they knew exactly what they were doing (especially when you consider the waivers and the active conspiracy to keep details from Reid and ASADA).

But miss, the dog ate my homework, what am I supposed to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    But miss, the dog ate my homework, what am I supposed to do?
    The poor old pooch at Windy Hill would've taken an awful lot of blame over the years.

Big, muscly mutt though

Post Thanks / Like

So in it he has blamed Hamilton pretty strongly, Dank, Robinson and of course the sliding doors. Poor James

Post Thanks / Like

Would have been nice if the reporter from the Essendon Daily asked Hird these questions before putting the article to print:

1. Who had Dank and Robinson over at their house to discuss the set up of the Program?
    2. Who met with Charter on the Gold Coast?
    3. Who was verbally told about issues regarding the program by Dr Reid?
    4. Who was frustrated the program was stopped by Reid?
    5. Who was Dr Reid's letter addressed too?
    6. Who was involved in the meeting regarding the consent forms with players?
    7. Who was receiving texts from Dank regarding the program?
    8. Once the protocols were put in place who did Reid have to give recommendations regarding substances?

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who the article was too long for here's a concise summary.

Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

14. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's reassuring to find out after nearly three years the whole saga was a collective failing by everyone at Essendon except James Hird.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

16. Likes Dry Rot, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    For those who the article was too long for here's a concise summary.

Hirdy loves a handball as much as Scotty West did!

What a self-serving, deluded, narcissistic douche. I love the last line referencing how "they were going places in 2013 until it was taken away". The man honestly believes he was the chosen one to bring Essendon back to its glory days, and only fate and the incompetence of others at the club prevented him from doing so.

18. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The article also mentions how Hird emphasised to his players love of club, loyalty and trust.

In the coming paragraphs, he proceeds to chuck everyone at the club under the bus.

Comedy gold really.

#Stand By Hird.

20. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    The article also mentions how Hird emphasised to his players love of club, loyalty and trust.

In the coming paragraphs, he proceeds to chuck everyone at the club under the bus.

Comedy gold really.

#Stand By Hird.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

22. Likes Twodogs, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Hirdy loves a handball as much as Scotty West did!

What a self-serving, deluded, narcissistic douche. I love the last line referencing how "they were going places in 2013 until it was taken away". The man honestly believes he was the chosen one to bring Essendon back to its glory days, and only fate and the incompetence of others at the club prevented him from doing so.
    Remember when he accused Scott Maclaren of cheating and he kicked the goal from the boundary line and hugged some random in the crowd? I'm betting that supporter still has the same gear he was wearing that great night. Kept aside in a part of the wardrobe to show people the DVD and then show them the very clothes he was wearing. If I was that guy I'd burn them. Straight in the incinerator.

Turd.

24. Likes merantau liked this post