Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which new draftee will really take off in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm no betting man but if I was I would put a sneaky $100 on Caleb Daniel - he did what he did last season with no pre-season and suffering a serious injury that killed half his season. With a full pre-season behind him this time around, he will suffer from leather poisoning in 2017. Bailey Dale, Lukas Webb and Toby McLean are also all still eligible for the award.
    The betting on the RS is fascinating to follow. Toby McLean is the single biggest firmer in the entire competition this year (from $41 to $14). Caleb Daniel has also been supported into $26. Other Dogs in the market; Lukas Webb $41, Keiran Collins and Bailey Dale $51, others $61+.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm no betting man but if I was I would put a sneaky $100 on Caleb Daniel - he did what he did last season with no pre-season and suffering a serious injury that killed half his season. With a full pre-season behind him this time around, he will suffer from leather poisoning in 2017. Bailey Dale, Lukas Webb and Toby McLean are also all still eligible for the award.
    It'll depend on whether there's a half reasonable interstate challenger. The non-Victorian block of judges would sooner cut a testicle off than award the RS to a Victorian player when there's an alternative. The couple of times in the past decade when a Victorian based player has won there's been no reasonable alternative to vote for, the rest of the time we get the likes of Palmer, Taylor, and Rich.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    It'll depend on whether there's a half reasonable interstate challenger.
    Callum Mills at Sydney, unless Heeney still qualifies.

I can't see the AFL turning down the chance for some positive PR in Sydney especially after a summer of "Buddy Troubles" making the backpage multiple times.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Sedat here. Caleb Daniel, never saw a newcomer sell the dummy, and look so confident and at home in a senior side.Will quickly be elevated to cult status.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley for me - has good physical build already. Noticed at Ballarat, he was getting in some one on one centre square training with Joel Corey and King so suggest he is on the radar of the coaches to get a game early in the year.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Callum Mills at Sydney, unless Heeney still qualifies.

I can't see the AFL turning down the chance for some positive PR in Sydney especially after a summer of "Buddy Troubles" making the backpage multiple times.
    Mills will be shortening after tonight. Most impressive debut (albeit preseason).