Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Represent the Bulldogs' in the AFL Season Launch TV commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    That's Popeye ... I first met him in the 80s ... always say hi when I bump into him
    thats him.. i said tonight to my sister why do i call him george...her answer because that is what we always called him. Don't know why. Silly women we are.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

My wife just got the call that she was lucky enough to be selected for this! She also managed to somehow talk them into letting me tag along as I was responsible for brain washing her!

Should be interesting!

Post Thanks / Like

I also just got a call from WB about this, should be fun! I've nominated hubby for moral support also, so might see you guys there

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick related trip down memory lane (for those old enough to remember) . I recall being part of this during 1985 (actually was prob 86) and they (the swan lager film crew) asked us to carry on and cheer like we'd just won the flag. Think there were a lot of blank stares haha (I was 9 or 10 at the time) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLg-hWzh1r4
    Amazing what you can find on youtube. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 01-03-2016 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Year change.

5. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I attended this event yesterday, turns out we weren't actually representing the Bulldogs in the AFL TV commercial. The commercial had already been done and we got to see it! Strange! Was actually just a photo shoot for Captains Day. To bad I told so many people I was going to be on TV! Doh!

Anyhoo got to meet Bob and have a chat with him which was worth it! Asked what the hell happened during that dreadful 3rd quarter of our last nab match, all he said was "I wouldn't read to much into it" with a little smirk.

7. Thanks bornadog, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Well I attended this event yesterday, turns out we weren't actually representing the Bulldogs in the AFL TV commercial. The commercial had already been done and we got to see it! Strange! Was actually just a photo shoot for Captains Day. To bad I told so many people I was going to be on TV! Doh!

Anyhoo got to meet Bob and have a chat with him which was worth it! Asked what the hell happened during that dreadful 3rd quarter of our last nab match, all he said was "I wouldn't read to much into it" with a little smirk.
    I too was expecting to be filming the ad! Oh well, it was a fun morning. Was glad to get a photo with Bob. Not sure if you saw the photo on Facebook.

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks cinder thanked for this post