Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 9 2016 Discussion

As expected, Carlton came back to earth with a thud last night. With Kreuzer out, they're in for a tough time.

Post Thanks / Like

Their fans must be at the point we got to with Shaun Higgins. Life as normal - rehab again.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the perversion the media has when it comes to Melbourne. In the pre-game on ABC Rama was talking them up and said they had opportunities to win last week, meaning against us.

Attending the game I never felt nervous, and was a little peeved we didn't do them by 50 points. Not sure what game he was watching.

4. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't understand the perversion the media has when it comes to Melbourne. In the pre-game on ABC Rama was talking them up and said they had opportunities to win last week, meaning against us.

Attending the game I never felt nervous, and was a little peeved we didn't do them by 50 points. Not sure what game he was watching.
    I felt the same way, I never felt they would threaten us at all.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane are just bereft. How are they going to climb out of this cess pool they've created up there?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Brisbane are just bereft. How are they going to climb out of this cess pool they've created up there?
    The AFL will throw concessions at them like they always have.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess from a strict point of view, they were a 50/50 chance to win before the game started. I heard a saying that 'you only open your mouth to speak if it adds to the situation'. Clearly commentators are too busy opening their mouths with drivel to notice they're adding no insight.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL will throw concessions at them like they always have.
    merge with GC
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that as well, and was very surprised . I thought the result flattered Melbourne to be honest.
    He did pick the Dees though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    merge with GC
    And then in 10 years start up a new franchise based in Cairns (Crocodiles?), and then eventually merge them with Brisbane to become the North QLD Lion-Crocs.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't help having Rockliff and Beams not playing.

Post Thanks / Like

And then in 10 years start up a new franchise based in Cairns (Crocodiles?), and then eventually merge them with Brisbane to become the North QLD Lion-Crocs.
    I like it, but I'd call them the Sunny North QLD Lion-Crocs.

Besides the Collingwood upset win, it's been a fairly unexceptional weekend of footy.

16. Likes Twodogs liked this post