Thanks Thanks:  64
Likes Likes:  559

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It may be the bulldog in me, but even to this day when i watch it or think of it, i shudder, imagining if it had cost us.....it's actually fairly straight forward the video review, yet so many times they stuff it up. Are they actual umpires making these decisions? If it's clear, it's clear, if it's not goal umpires decision.
    Good point about who reviews the video. Aker39 do you know if it's ex umpires or some numpty lucky enough to be at the front of the line when the jobs were handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Wish we had it back in the late 90s when Libba kicked that goal in the prelim v Adelaide , cost us a premiership I reckon.
    I was in perfect position behind the goal post about 8 or 9 rows from the fence and it went through the goals without about a foot to spare or maybe just a little bit less to spare. I don't even know what the confusion was, if you look closely Crows supporters are starting to walk up the aisle and leave the ground because they are convinced it's a goal and the game is all over.
    I can remember them because the first I realised the goal umpire was a blind idiot who was the only person in the entire stadium who thought it was a point was when people started to turn them around and I turned around to face the ground.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Good point about who reviews the video. Aker39 do you know if it's ex umpires or some numpty lucky enough to be at the front of the line when the jobs were handed out.
    I know of someone who was (probably still is) a score reviewer. He would be mid 20s and the highest level he has umpired at was VFL I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I know of someone who was (probably still is) a score reviewer. He would be mid 20s and the highest level he has umpired at was VFL I believe.

At least it's some umpiring experience I guess.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/bob...d986bfbc3225d4

This rubbish is just out of control. The article makes it out as though north were robbed because of 2 CORRECT umpiring decisions.

Also, what is even more ludicrous is the headline on the sports page http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl

"'Staggering' accusation exposes 'snitches" .... so Murph can't even joke now without being taken out of context
    That, right there, is why Footballers speak in cliches and give the media nothing meaningful in interviews.

Because when a down to earth character like Bob Murphy takes a light-hearted approach to an issue, they get hung out to dry by tabloid media.

And the media what more access to players? How about looking after the ones you already look after?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Also very disrespectful to umpires.

The umpires have a tough job, especially with rule changes, rule interpretation changes, trying 4 umpires on the field, shot clocks, score reviews, interchange restrictions and so it goes on. I would hate to be an umpire, but to accuse them of giving preferential treatment to us is totally and utterly disrespectful to the umpiring department and the game.

If the AFL is listening to the sooky la la clubs then they are also being disrespectful. Any clubs complaining should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.
    It staggers me that the AFL haven't taken a tougher stance on Brat Scott (That's not a typo btw).

What's wrong with saying "We'll have a discussion with the AFL during the week, I won't say anything here".

Instead he just says whatever the hell he wants. One would have thought he'd learn from last year's incident. Clearly not.