Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  55
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 4, 2018 - Western Bulldogs v Sydney Swans at Etihad Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    And another thing, what is the deal with Zac Jones?

Is he actually good and really tough?
    First round draft pick. Have always thought he had plenty of potential
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

I put myself through the torcher and watched the last 15 min of the game. I am still scratching my head and trying to figure why the hell we let this one go. We were excellent at pressuring the Swans, and we just didn't let them past our half of the ground. Dunkley was superb with his pack marking and leading in the forward line, but boy oh boy, he should have buried them. Caleb Daniel was also fantastic, but that last shot at goal, I just wish he took one more step, steadied himself and put it through, even a point would have changed the game. I tall target with some marking power would have made a huge difference.

60 Inside 50s to 42, we just dominated the Swans with every stat except the one that counts, the scoreboard.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I put myself through the torcher and watched the last 15 min of the game. I am still scratching my head and trying to figure why the hell we let this one go. We were excellent at pressuring the Swans, and we just didn't let them past our half of the ground. Dunkley was superb with his pack marking and leading in the forward line, but boy oh boy, he should have buried them. Caleb Daniel was also fantastic, but that last shot at goal, I just wish he took one more step, steadied himself and put it through, even a point would have changed the game. I tall target with some marking power would have made a huge difference.

60 Inside 50s to 42, we just dominated the Swans with every stat except the one that counts, the scoreboard.
    Why do that to yourself!? A perfect remedy though is a nice cool glass of Q4 of the 2016 grand final. Now that's how you ice a game

5. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    First round draft pick. Have always thought he had plenty of potential
    I actually haven't seen a huge amount from him, but note he's still young. Clearly thinks he is somewhat of an enforcer. After getting McLean high, mirrored his tough guy performance of the 2016 GF (after once again, getting McLean high) and it made me think he's a bit of a wanker.

When are people going to learn to tackle the guy below the shoulders?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes craigsahibee, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Why do that to yourself!? A perfect remedy though is a nice cool glass of Q4 of the 2016 grand final. Now that's how you ice a game
    Yeah, I know, I don't normally watch games that we lose. All the play was up the other end of the ground, so I wanted to see it a bit closer.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know, I don't normally watch games that we lose. All the play was up the other end of the ground, so I wanted to see it a bit closer.
    I'm trying to erase that loss from my memory. One of the most frustrating losses i can remember.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand that. I did the easy part and watched the first half last night - and will watch the second half at some point this week. I generally give all our matches a second look unless its a round 1 type flogging. Always good to see how it looked on TV after being there live - and appreciating the things you didn't see at the ground (and vice versa).

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Saturday night I watched the YouTube highlights of both our 2016 prelim final and grand final.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

14. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I actually haven't seen a huge amount from him, but note he's still young. Clearly thinks he is somewhat of an enforcer. After getting McLean high, mirrored his tough guy performance of the 2016 GF (after once again, getting McLean high) and it made me think he's a bit of a wanker.

When are people going to learn to tackle the guy below the shoulders?
    Not dissimilar to his useless brother at Melbourne.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

and kicked it to Bailey Dale who was 25m out from goal straight in front.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    and kicked it to Bailey Dale who was 25m out from goal straight in front.
    I don't think he couldn't have kicked the goal; I think he didn't kick to the jumper, but saw Bont and figured that he'd mark it and kick the goal because he's Bont, rather than looking for a better option or taking the responsibility himself.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It nearly always comes back to technique.
    And I suppose 15 minutes with you could turn it around?

20. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    And I suppose 15 minutes with you could turn it around?
    Yes it could.

If it makes them any worse I promise to self emollieate at half time at the next home game.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.