Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  20
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 7, vs Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    That was my first thought. Again, I don’t imagine it matters but it’s odd.
    I’m surprised he wasn’t brought in, let alone first 28.

Would’ve looked at Trengove as first ruck this week too.

But in Bevo etc..
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Im pretty sure it was Jarryd Harbrow that went from VFL seconds to AFL. I can remember Rocket complaining about it.

I think it was Matt Byrachevski (?) who went from playing for Parkside to Footscray U19s to Footscray reserves to Footscray seniors inside a month. Lasted a couple of weeks then dropped back to the twos for a bit and was back playing at Parkside by the end of the season. Must have been very late 70s or early '80s.
    Bit like Ron James going straight from the Williamstown juniors into the Senior team for a Grand Final as a 14 year old - bet we'll never see that again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We will have only 4 players with more than 100 games this week, and again none over 150.

6 PLayers with less than 10 games each.
    Good. Get the games into the youngsters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I'm really interested to see how Cordy, Naughton and Young all play together as it seems an odds-on bet that that will be our trio of tall backman that will be developed together and will form our defensive nucleus (with Richards, Williams and a rotating mix of D6 & D7 spots) for the better part of the next decade.

Yes that deliberately excludes Trengove/Adams/Collins/Roberts from the conversation, with reason.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes very important I think. Better to give them the experience now although it would be nice to have the experience of Morris and Picken in our side.

Morris would really be a strong leader for our young defenders to learn from. We have tried hard down back this year but it has been a struggle.

Marcus Adams is another player we really need down there as well. He just needs some luck with the injuries.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'm really interested to see how Cordy, Naughton and Young all play together as it seems an odds-on bet that that will be our trio of tall backman that will be developed together and will form our defensive nucleus (with Richards, Williams and a rotating mix of D6 & D7 spots) for the better part of the next decade.

Yes that deliberately excludes Trengove/Adams/Collins/Roberts from the conversation, with reason.
    With GCS naming debutantes to replace Lynch and May, it's a great opportunity for our talls - they may even have a collective experience edge for once. Brizzie are also playing kids in key roles so it'd be a good fortnight for these 3 to work together and see what they can do.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Press Conference from Bevo: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...-beveridge-rd7
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.