Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  72
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 9 Vs Richmond 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Interesting change.

Wonder how we’ll use Jackson.. Did well on Lynch last year so maybe a role there or maybe a run in the ruck to allow Tim to play up forward?
    In my view we are far too tall down back in that scenario unless we swing Cordy forward which is a chance but would have thought he is best suited to Riewoldt.

I like the idea of English being freed up and have always liked the follow up work from Trengove when in the ruck. Not sold on what Trengove does between stints in the ruck unless he just provides a target and allows Bruce a bit more freedom.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon wood will get Riewoldt
    Plays tall
    Reckon it’s a bit two bob each way
    Bit of a chop out for Timmy and play on Lynch

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited.....Go Trengove !!

Agree with English to swing forward (or fill hole down back if Cordy & Keath struggle with Tiger talls).

Post Thanks / Like

Probably our most experienced and oldest side since circa 2011, so we should be ready to roll.

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Nice pick up
    It came from AFL360 I know I know some people do watch this trash.

7. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good decision

9. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo is starting to get serious....

Post Thanks / Like

Trengove to ruck, English to stretch their backline
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Trengove to ruck, English to stretch their backline
    I thought it was disgraceful that we gave away a distinct advantage that English would have provided against Soldo, by playing him forward - where he was completely lost. The ONLY place we could have played Trengove, was at full back on a 200cm full forward.
    It was staggering.

If English needs a rest - don't play him. There's no 'resting' anymore.

We obviously decided to 'rest' Bontempelli forward also.....at 3 quarter time he had covered more ground that 40 other players on the ground. This 'rest forward' is absolute rubbish in the modern game. It couldn't have been MORE important to win centre clearances tonight and we dicked around with our preferred line up.

13. Likes Mantis, Grantysghost, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I thought it was disgraceful that we gave away a distinct advantage that English would have provided against Soldo, by playing him forward - where he was completely lost. The ONLY place we could have played Trengove, was at full back on a 200cm full forward.
    It was staggering.

We obviously decided to 'rest' Bontempelli forward also.....at 3 quarter time he had covered more ground that 40 other players on the ground. This 'rest forward' is absolute rubbish in the modern game. It couldn't have been MORE important to win centre clearances tonight and we dicked around with our preferred line up.
    My post was a guess at what we were going to do.

I agree, and when we switched Trengove to Full back in the second half, surprise surprise we broke even in the second half, both scoring 26 points

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It was staggering.

Sweet has been an emergency all season so of course we bring in Trengove to essentially start in the ruck.

It's perplexing they way we look at giving players a rest
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It was staggering.

This was all baffling, totally agree. Tim looked knackered, but if that’s the case, rest him fully - still being buffered and battered in ruck is not a rest. Same with Bont...getting crashed by the other forwards desperately flailing around to try and redeem themselves isn’t a picnic. By the way when Bont is down there why can we never manage to clear the forward line out to make use of his one on one marking strength.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet has been an emergency all season so of course we bring in Trengove to essentially start in the ruck.

We are playing alot of games in a short period of time and players will need a rest. English looks tired to me as he has been rucking the majority of games. Perhaps Sweet gets is chance soon.

Post Thanks / Like

It was staggering.

100% this. Trengove coming in would have made perfect sense for Lynch at FB, given how he stitched him up last year. But Soldo was not the opponent to use a secondary ruckman against, and robbed English of the chance to dominate against these less mobile ruck types like he has against Naismith (until injured), Jacobs and Phillips this season already. What we did was actually the worst of both worlds.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

19. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's infuriating.

Soldo is bang average. So either let English run riot, give Sweet a debut against a non amazing ruck, or play Trengove there without English hanging around "resting". We chose the worst approach. Especially seeing as while English is good, he isn't a good forward and like Bont whats the point of playing him there if he can't finish his chances. His set shots drift 5m right every single time.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right