Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Regardless if we make finals or not, we need to continue to cut deep into our list. For the players I am saying to resign we should only do so for 12 months. My reason behind this is we purely the interruption to the lower grades and the under 18 games and the lack of exposed form.

Keeping with the theme that list sizes will be 38 and we need to add three via the draft / rookie list upgrades I believe we should make the following changes.
    I do wonder if three new players will need to be added with reduction of list sizes.

Based of Axeman super awesome and often forgotten Contract thread

Must Re-sign –Easton Wood, Taylor Duryea, Will Hayes, Lin Jong, Matt Suckling
    Not fussed – Jordan Sweet, Ben Cavarra, Ryan Gardner, Lachie Young
    Would like to keep but unlikely – Jackson Trengove and Buku Khamis
    Delist – Sam Lloyd (payout contract), Tory Dickson, Billy Gowers, Brad Lynch, Cal Porter, Roarke Smith, Fergus Greene,

Jordan Sweet is obviously a must sign but I’m not sure of the point, clearly, we don’t intend on ever playing him. We need to bring in another readymade ruckman.

Jackson Trengove from the outside looking in provides leadership, is well liked and respected within the playing group but clearly isn’t in the MC plans.

Sam Lloyd not sure how’d we do it but I truly don’t see the point keeping him on our list, I’d prefer to keep Cavarra, Greene or Khamis

Contracted Trade Bait

Bailey Dale, Pat Lipinski, Toby McLean, Cody Weightman

With Cody Weightman I am likely to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater but if his name was brought up in trade discussions for a player of need we should listen.

Trade Targets

Contracted

Ian Hill (GWS) Contracted till 2022 but has zip and flair. Is in and out of their team. I think he might’ve actually be a decoy long term signing to allow them to bring in more talent or high draft picks.

Out of Contract

Toby Nankervis (Rich) Ready made number 1 ruck.

Brennan Cox (Fre) He's a 22yo key defender who is clearly able to play at this level but may be pushed out once a few Fremantle mainstays return from injury.

Josh Dacois (Coll) Small forward who knows how to kick a goal, we need one. Yes it is the longest of long shots, but you don’t know unless you ask. He'd be well down the pay scale.

Brandon Parfitt (Gee) Likely to stay but we should be asking the question. Hard at it forward / midfielder who likes to tackle
    Last edited by azabob; 01-09-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Thanks bornadog, jeemak thanked for this post