Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,517
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 54Bulldog16 View Post
    Looking at the AFL site article on players over $1m on 2023, GWS with 3, Melbourne with 2, Richmond with 2. Dogs with 1?. We?ll add Naughty to that, but have to be room for a third.
    I don't think his on 1m+, still reckon his hovering around the 850-950k a year mark.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
    In this instance what has Bailey shown us that he is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    In this instance what has Bailey shown us that he is?
    Hard worker on and off the field?
    I don't think even his biggest detractors could possibly fault his workrate
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes mjp, Topdog, MrMahatma, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably means nothing in the scheme of things but I walked behind Bailey (in a completely normal, not-at-all-stalker-like-way) in Sydney CBD yesterday. He was by himself and just wandering around, hard to miss with that hair but most people up here wouldn’t know an AFL player if they were punched directly in the face by one. It was 40 degrees so maybe he was up here for a surf!

7. Thanks GVGjr, azabob, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pottz View Post
    Probably means nothing in the scheme of things but I walked behind Bailey (in a completely normal, not-at-all-stalker-like-way) in Sydney CBD yesterday. He was by himself and just wandering around, hard to miss with that hair but most people up here wouldn’t know an AFL player if they were punched directly in the face by one. It was 40 degrees so maybe he was up here for a surf!
    It is funny how people see a footballer somewhere and straight away come to the conclusion they are changing clubs ( not saying you are ) to that area .
    I liked the Bailey Smith is going to Colllingwood because he was with Daicos in America.
    My response to that was stop twisting things it’s obviously the other way around and Daicos is coming to the dogs.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Should've gone in for the selfie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Should've gone in for the selfie.
    I thought about that all afternoon and eventually came down on the side of “don’t meet your heroes”.

11. Likes MrMahatma, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    It is funny how people see a footballer somewhere and straight away come to the conclusion they are changing clubs ( not saying you are ) to that area .
    I liked the Bailey Smith is going to Colllingwood because he was with Daicos in America.
    My response to that was stop twisting things it’s obviously the other way around and Daicos is coming to the dogs.
    Very true, I would have written a different post if I’d seen him huddled in the back corner of a cafe with some Swans officials. Poor bloke is looking at a year of no football, who can blame him for wanting to keep things interesting with the odd Sydney trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Very true, I would have written a different post if I’d seen him huddled in the back corner of a cafe with some Swans officials. Poor bloke is looking at a year of no football, who can blame him for wanting to keep things interesting with the odd Sydney trip?
    Last time I approached a footballer was the summer after we won the premiership. Couldn't help myself at the Coles in Swans St Richmond, coming across Jordan Roughead. I apologised for interfering in his personal life, but thanked him for the Premiership

Generally I am like you, I don't like to approach them.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Last time I approached a footballer was the summer after we won the premiership. Couldn't help myself at the Coles in Swans St Richmond, coming across Jordan Roughead. I apologised for interfering in his personal life, but thanked him for the Premiership .
    Ok but why weren't you wearing any pants?
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Very funny
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I?m afraid I can?t comment on an ongoing police investigation.

19. Likes bornadog, Mofra, EasternWest, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not cool, you know the store is notorious for shoplifters and that BAD was in the express lane.
    Being extra careful BAD had keistered his credit card and had just scanned his purchases and with Coles playing their the 'Down Down' ads in the store BAD may have taken things too literally.

I thought it was rude of Roughy to apparently say something like 'I didn't think it was that cold'
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

21. Likes EasternWest, mjp, bornadog, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph

On Sunday, Bailey Smith attended the Grand Prix in Melbourne, instead of watching his teammates in Ballarat. He was one of the “squad” spruiking Ralph Lauren fragrances alongside Peter Bol, Isaac Humphries and Margot Robbie’s brother, actor Cameron.

The Dogs could require Smith to dutifully sit in the stands in Ballarat, but allowed him to live his life – while diligently rehabilitating his knee injury. It seems a very smart play for a club keen to re-sign its midfield star.