Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  6

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm waiting for the Buss!!

GVGjr why do you say it’s a mystery why we drafted him? I would’ve thought he is the type of player we need.

Looking at the draft crop from that year there isn’t really a standout prospect taken after Buss, let alone a defender of Buss size.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    GVGjr why do you say it’s a mystery why we drafted him? I would’ve thought he is the type of player we need.

Looking at the draft crop from that year there isn’t really a standout prospect taken after Buss, let alone a defender of Buss size.
    IIRC he wasn't a draft day reach either.

https://central.rookieme.com/afl/pla...dd-busslinger/
    DRAFT RANGE: 5-15

Was pick 13

My guess would be we're looking for a Jake Lever type. Not fast but reads the ball/play well enough that it doesn't really matter

3. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

It's early days in his development but I do struggle at times who say they draft the best available (with some caveats) and then draft on perceived needs. I think Doc and I thought Weddle was a great option albeit not a KPP.
    I'm okay with having Buss at the club but like what happens with a lot of talls we need to be patient in waiting for them to catch-up.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Thanks azabob thanked for this post