Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

The final eight - there's only two spots still open.

I looked at all games in Round 8 so far and for me it's become crystal clear: Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney and Collingwood will comprise the top 4 but not necessarily in that order.

They play at a very high level. The skills on show in that Geelong Melbourne clash were off the charts.

GWS and Carlton will probably finish 5th and 6th. That leaves two spots open.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The final eight - there's only two spots still open.

Win today first. Win vs Richmond next week. Then beat the interstate teams in Melbourne before the bye and we will probably make . I have little faith winning today and next week first.

3. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think we make it, and we’d be only be there to be beaten in the first week if we feel into the 8. I still think we are around 11-12 come season end.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don’t think we make it, and we’d be only be there to be beaten in the first week if we feel into the 8. I still think we are around 11-12 come season end.
    The problem isn't that you aren't right, the problem is that as a club we continue to accept this mediocrity.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The problem isn't that you aren't right, the problem is that as a club we continue to accept this mediocrity.
    Well the brains trust keep thinking we will fall ass into the top four (trading F1’s in supreme confidence), so I guess it’ll happen eventually… Even though it’s been nearly 15 years since we did it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Well the brains trust keep thinking we will fall ass into the top four (trading F1’s in supreme confidence), so I guess it’ll happen eventually… Even though it’s been nearly 15 years since we did it.
    I am with you that it won't happen.

The only way we can get out of this recurring denial is through a change at the top.
    That change may not need to be personnel but it certainly is one of attitude/philosophy.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I am with you that it won't happen.

The only way we can get out of this recurring denial is through a change at the top.
    That change may not need to be personnel but it certainly is one of attitude/philosophy.
    Absolutely. After being clear to us that we were a top four side, I’d like the same clarity about where we are now and were we are going. Id hope the powers that be now see the passed 2.3 years for what it’s been and bot what they wish it had been. If not, we will keep tinkering and do a solid block in oblivion.

11. Thanks Bulldog Joe thanked for this post