Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  116
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Kennel - Charlie Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I heard this from Popa (Melbourne Victory Coach).

"Players can't get an A-League appearance based on being young. It is not enough. You have to have quality. You have to have charachter. You have to have determination. Willingess to put in the hard work. Just being young is not enough to play."

"You have to work, nothing is just given to you."

"We can't just hand out appearances, here you are young have an appeareance. You have to earn it."

Worth a watch of the whole one minute clip. https://x.com/DeanRosario/status/1787093937079067097
    I don't think we are gifting players games, although someone like JOD is being fast tracked. The club has said if you show form in the VFL you will get a go if there is an opening for that role. Clarke showed some form, and two of our small forwards were out. For example - Arty didn't get a gig, because he hasn't done enough
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Keath must be wondering.

It can't be good for morale to have a slew of influential senior players disgruntled. (Keath, Caleb, Macrae, Lobb).
    Keath must be wondering how to collect a ground ball without it going between his legs. He is cooked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Keath must be wondering.

It can't be good for morale to have a slew of influential senior players disgruntled. (Keath, Caleb, Macrae, Lobb).
    Keath (and all of those guys you've mentioned) only have themselves to blame. He played 18 largely mediocre games in a 2023 side that missed finals. I don't mind starting with alternatives when those senior guys had a very good crack at it first.

His performances at VFL level have been pretty on-par with Busslinger. Again, I'd give youth next crack considering we know what we get from Keath at AFL level.

4. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Keath (and all of those guys you've mentioned) only have themselves to blame. He played 18 largely mediocre games in a 2023 side that missed finals. I don't mind starting with alternatives when those senior guys had a very good crack at it first.

His performances at VFL level have been pretty on-par with Busslinger. Again, I'd give youth next crack considering we know what we get from Keath at AFL level.
    I don't mind giving them a crack, JOD and Buku are part of the future.
    I just think when they're struggling and you have a dependable senior player going ok in the twos it seems odd to have stamped their papers.

I think Keath is passed his best, however when i saw him live i thought he still had something to offer especially with his leadership.
    I thought Duryea was cooked and he's been ok.