Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  54
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List 2024

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Injury Update | Tom Liberatore

Tom Liberatore will miss this week?s clash against Richmond due to concussion.

The midfielder suffered a knock to the head late in Sunday?s loss to Hawthorn, with the Club?s medical team confirming that a concussive episode had occurred.

Having suffered two concussions within a short space of time, Tom will be unavailable for an indefinite period as the Club works through a thorough process before a return-to-play plan is determined.

Tom?s health and wellbeing always remains the absolute priority during this period.
    Yeah there was no way Tom was playing this week, could even miss a few given the way he tried to get up then stumble back down again especially after his concussion v Essendon, he needs a good spell because his life after footy is way more important than the next week or so.

Post Thanks / Like

We sure that he wasn't affected by the knock at the start of the game?

Definitely seemed off in the minutes afterwards and I cannot believe we didn't do a concussion test. I mean we literally just got him back from a concussion incident that we didn't really handle properly.

It would've been good to do just for th optics and to show we have learnt our lesson and aren't Port.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    We sure that he wasn't affected by the knock at the start of the game?

Definitely seemed off in the minutes afterwards and I cannot believe we didn't do a concussion test. I mean we literally just got him back from a concussion incident that we didn't really handle properly.

It would've been good to do just for th optics and to show we have learnt our lesson and aren't Port.
    I mentioned to a mate that he looked in trouble with that first hit, absolutely looked a bit dazed and in hindsight probably should have come off at the very least for a test, off course he's going to tell the docs on the bench that he's fine.

The second one looked more like a graze with the stops to his forehead rather than a full blow to his head yet fell back over and looked in all sorts.

Post Thanks / Like

Three concussions for Libba in his last 10 games. I'm bloody devastated. That is not good. We may never see him again.

Post Thanks / Like

He also had this concussion earlier on in the season in 2023 against Freo. https://x.com/9NewsMelb/status/1649697887096561664

So that is four concussions for Libba in the last 12 months or so?

Fremantle @ Perth
    Hawthorn @ Tasmania
    Essendon @ Marvel
    Hawthorn @ Marvel

6. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This looked reasonably innocuous to me too against Hawthorn last year and he showed similar signs that he was dazed https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/4973#match-report

I'm getting emotional going through this. But I think we have seen the last of Libba. End of an era.

Post Thanks / Like

If i was Libba I'd pull up stumps.

Post Thanks / Like

Riley Garcia, come on down

Post Thanks / Like

Agree GG. We all love Libba and want what?s best for him. He has a young family too.

If he does retire I wonder if club and he would explore part time mid coach. He has so much knowledge and I think would continue to be a great me or to Garcia & our young mids.

11. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Agree GG. We all love Libba and want what?s best for him. He has a young family too.

If he does retire I wonder if club and he would explore part time mid coach. He has so much knowledge and I think would continue to be a great me or to Garcia & our young mids.
    Thats not a bad idea Josie! He'd be perfect to pass on knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

Medical Room | Round 9

Vice-captain Tom Liberatore will be unavailable for selection indefinitely while the club works through a thorough process following his latest concussive episode.

As announced on Monday, the midfielder suffered a knock to the head late in Sunday?s loss to Hawthorn, which was confirmed to be concussion post-game.

With his health and wellbeing the absolute priority, the club will take the utmost caution before a return-to-play timeline is confirmed.

In other injury news, Cody Weightman has successfully undergone surgery on his injured elbow.

He will remain sidelined for at least the next 6-8 weeks.

Nick Coffield also continues to progress well in his recovery following a shoulder reconstruction in March.

Injury List

Nick Coffield (shoulder) ? 5-7 weeks
    Cody Weightman (elbow) ? 6-8 weeks
    Tom Liberatore (concussion) ? Indefinite
    Aiden O?Driscoll (concussion) ? Indefinite
    Bailey Smith (ACL) ? Season
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Deep Heat Medical Room | Round 10

Laith Vandermeer will be tested this week ahead of the Western Bulldogs’ clash with GWS on Saturday afternoon.

Laith Vandermeer will be tested this week ahead of the Western Bulldogs’ clash with GWS on Saturday afternoon.

Vandermeer was substituted out of the Round 9 win over Richmond with a shin complaint.

“In the AFL game on Saturday night in the second quarter, Laith received some direct, heavy contact to his lower shinbone area,” Head of Sports Medicine, Chris Bell, said.

“On our functional assessment, he wasn’t able to drive through that shin due to pain, so was removed from the game.

“Scans have cleared him of any serious structural pathology, but we are cautious because he is expectedly sore.

“We will work through a process with Laith this week to determine his availability.”

Pleasingly, no other injuries were sustained in the VFL clash on Sunday.

Injury List

Laith Vandermeer (shin) – Test
    Nick Coffield (shoulder) – 4-6 weeks
    Cody Weightman (elbow) – 5-7 weeks
    Tom Liberatore (concussion) – Indefinite
    Aiden O’Driscoll (concussion) – Indefinite
    Bailey Smith (ACL) – Season

15. Thanks bornadog, Uninformed, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

VDM has escaped any structural damage which is great news.

17. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Coffield can play most of the second half of the year.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Hopefully Coffield can play most of the second half of the year.
    Along with he running in the rehab area he's also been participating in all the non contact footy drills for about 3 weeks now.
    I'd guess that he is slightly ahead of the original estimate on his availability. We will know more when he starts playing for Footscray.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"