Thanks Thanks:  49
Likes Likes:  333
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It is being reported by channel 7 that Tarryn Thomas is being investigated again for harassment by the police.

If proven correct, will Brad Scott "triple" down in his support?
    It'll be an interesting case. Calling someone repeatedly but not talking to them in his situation is bad and represents harassment, but The Wine Concierge continually peddling shiraz deals to alcoholics during business hours is apparently OK.

If his number was blocked by the receiver and he found a way around that to still harass via constant calls, then that's bad. But arseholes telling me my bank is ripping me off and that I should cross over to theirs to be ripped off a little less is fine.

I think Thomas is a piece of shit, but I'm awaiting the detail on this one. Greg Baum already has his career cancelled.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I can see Brad Scott taking him next year as a possible rookie pick.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Yeah I can see Brad Scott taking him next year as a possible rookie pick.
    I know of at least one (former) Essendon supporter who started following the bulldogs after the PED saga.
    If TT goes to Essendon, hopefully we can recruit a few more.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I know of at least one (former) Essendon supporter who started following the bulldogs after the PED saga.
    If TT goes to Essendon, hopefully we can recruit a few more.
    Why would they do that? There's no evidence that Essington did anything wrong.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

From State Media:

SACKED North Melbourne midfielder Tarryn Thomas will not be cleared to play at any level of the game until at least late November after he was charged with fresh criminal offences this week.

The League has acknowledged that Thomas, 24, was arrested and charged on Tuesday with use of a telecommunications service to harass, and breaching a court order.

He will face court on November 21.

In February, the AFL banned Thomas for 18 matches after its Integrity Unit found him guilty of inappropriate behaviour towards a woman. He was subsequently sacked by the Kangaroos.

The AFL investigation found Thomas had "engaged in multiple acts of misconduct including threatening a woman via direct messages multiple times? and was thus guilty of several breaches of the AFL's conduct unbecoming rules.

Following the fresh charges this week, the AFL said any revision of the current ban would not be considered until the latest matter goes before the courts.

"The AFL is aware of today's developments in relation to Tarryn Thomas including that he has been charged with offences that are now before the Courts," the AFL said in a statement.

"The AFL cannot and will not make any comment in relation to those new charges while the police investigation is ongoing.

"The AFL reiterates that under the sanctions previously imposed on Mr Thomas by the AFL, he currently cannot train or play at any level of Australian Football without the approval of the AFL, including once his 18-match suspension expires.

"Please note that the AFL will specifically not permit Mr Thomas to join the list of any AFL club pending the hearing and determination of the charges that have now been brought against him and subject to the outcome of those proceedings.

"More broadly, it is the AFL's intent that Mr Thomas will not be approved to play at any level of Australian Football pending the hearing and determination of the charges that have now been brought against him and subject to the outcome of those proceedings.

"The AFL will continue to monitor the police proceedings."

When announcing the decision to sack Thomas in February, North Melbourne said it had strived to help the midfielder "but we've now arrived at a point where the individual's needs don't match those of the club".

"We know Tarryn needs help ? for himself and for the women in his life ? but it's clear the path we've taken over the past 12 months hasn't had the desired impact," CEO Jen Watt said.

"To that end, we have made the decision to end Tarryn's time at North Melbourne.

"This decision doesn't come lightly or easily. We brought Tarryn to the club as a teenager and we acknowledge that he has faced complex and challenging circumstances over his life.

"We hope Tarryn will find the support that is right for him and that he does the work required to be the best version of himself."
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine the next huddle for violence against women and this chap is arm in arm with his peers.

Post Thanks / Like

If his court hearing is 21 November as reported. If he pleads not guilty and fights the charges he won’t have time to get onto a list (North or Geelong) until it’s resolved sometime mid next year. The SSP period will be shut. So he’d be about two years out.

Or he pleads guilty and hopes a club takes him. As a DFA/SSP. That club would be committing social suicide.

Either way, I think he’s never being allowed back because clearly he’s a ****.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Bullies, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If his court hearing is 21 November as reported. If he pleads not guilty and fights the charges he won’t have time to get onto a list (North or Geelong) until it’s resolved sometime mid next year. The SSP period will be shut. So he’d be about two years out.

Or he pleads guilty and hopes a club takes him. As a DFA/SSP. That club would be committing social suicide.

Brad Scott seems keen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Brad Scott seems keen.
    Then we can all acknowledge what we all know, the AFEL gives no ****s about violence towards women.

11. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Paging Caro, Maher and RoCo. Anything from these grubs today? Cowards all of them, and they should be disqualified from any future discussion about violence against women ever again.

As for Thomas, good riddance to bad rubbish. He will not be missed.

13. Likes bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Paging Caro, Maher and RoCo. Anything from these grubs today? Cowards all of them, and they should be disqualified from any future discussion about violence against women ever again.

As for Thomas, good riddance to bad rubbish. He will not be missed.
    Tom Morris anyone ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

If that's his mention hearing and he's pleading not guilty, mid next year is generous. The Magistrate's Court is backed up big time, especially Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    If that's his mention hearing and he's pleading not guilty, mid next year is generous. The Magistrate's Court is backed up big time, especially Melbourne.
    Even better! He will miss the MSD too. The effective end of him.

Side note. Under funded court system or you boys and girls too effective in bringing cases?

17. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's often overlooked is he was an absolute knob before any DV allegations were made. His social media interactions were absolutely cringeworthy.

I wouldn't want him even before all the horrible DV / lamp throwing / stalking / harassment stuff emerged.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

19. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see all this taken out of the NM thread.

NM did (seemingly) everything an employer could do to support an employee...and more - until finally they had no choice but to draw a line. They then provided details to all other clubs of exactly how much counselling and support had been provided - resulting in ZERO behavioural change...

This isn't a North issue any longer.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

21. Likes Mantis, Hotdog60, Sedat, MrMahatma liked this post