Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  71
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 10 vs GWS Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin-Dog View Post
    Gallagher had career high 19 disposals, 8 score involvements and had our 3rd highest pressure acts behind Ed and Bont. He was unlucky to have no converted better, with just the 3 behinds.

He?s been quiet for a few weeks, but I thought tonight was a huge step in the right direction. I feel it?d be awful for his development to drop him now. Only thing that counts against him is the quiet 4th quarter, but the game was well and truly over by then
    I'm marking him down on those three missed shots. All of them were very gettable.

He had more touches but also looked like he had more midfield time, so he should be getting more touches. Didn't have any influence with the ball to my eye.

The pressure acts are really positive, his defensive work has probably kept him in the team and might continue to do so.

I just feel that he could benefit from some confidence building games back at Footscray as the quality seems to have dropped away from his game in the last month.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon they'll just play JJ in the VDM role and put Cleary in the 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I'm marking him down on those three missed shots. All of them were very gettable.

He had more touches but also looked like he had more midfield time, so he should be getting more touches. Didn't have any influence with the ball to my eye.

The pressure acts are really positive, his defensive work has probably kept him in the team and might continue to do so.

I just feel that he could benefit from some confidence building games back at Footscray as the quality seems to have dropped away from his game in the last month.
    I don?t think he plays the full season in the seniors - I do think VFL time is inevitable. Just doubt it comes this week especially when VDM is likely out injured, and we?ll miss his defensive pressure. Also helps his case when Weightman is out for a while longer

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Gags has had his best game so far this season and he wasn't the only one missing goals they should have got.
    I like his composure and doesn't seem to panic. Yes he may need a spell at some time but if his stats are moving up I'd keep him in.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

The chances of getting dropped managed or rested or whatever they call it is close to zero but outside of a couple of good games this year Ugle-Hagan has been disappointing and not just slightly disappointing. If it wasn't for his undoubted potential and the fact that he might break out and win us a game he should be due for a a couple of weeks at Footscray.He had a chance to fill his boots last night but he didnt contribute much to the win. He should be under the microscope for a break but wont be. We should bring in Lobb and play Darcy more as a permanent forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You are a harsh man. Williams 29 disposals, 6 marks and 5 x I50s
    Wouldn't even be discussed.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    The chances of getting dropped managed or rested or whatever they call it is close to zero but outside of a couple of good games this year Ugle-Hagan has been disappointing and not just slightly disappointing. If it wasn't for his undoubted potential and the fact that he might break out and win us a game he should be due for a a couple of weeks at Footscray.He had a chance to fill his boots last night but he didnt contribute much to the win. He should be under the microscope for a break but wont be. We should bring in Lobb and play Darcy more as a permanent forward.
    We should stick fat with Marra for another few weeks he's a had a really tough month and think he just needs to play.

We may be gifting games a bit at present but the more games we get into him over the next two and half years the better off we'll be. Same goes for Darce imo.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

8. Likes DadBod, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We should stick fat with Marra for another few weeks he's a had a really tough month and think he just needs to play.

We may be gifting games a bit at present but the more games we get into him over the next two and half years the better off we'll be. Same goes for Darce imo.
    With the senior team faltering and Footscray performing well Im dubious that we should have him floating around and being selective with efforts. You are obviously close with him and his family and probably others are here as well but why cant he work through his challenges at Footscray like most others would be? We need wins and based on what Im seeing so far hes not going to help us achieve that at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

I get it but a number of our young players are treading water a bit at the moment. He is still making a contribution though. He takes the heat off Naughton and he is one of our only forwards leading up and creating space in the forward line.

He should have had 3 goals last night but his kicking was off. Would 3 goals rather than 1.2 make a difference to you or is a body language thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I get it but a number of our young players are treading water a bit at the moment. He is still making a contribution though. He takes the heat off Naughton and he is one of our only forwards leading up and creating space in the forward line.

He should have had 3 goals last night but his kicking was off. Would 3 goals rather than 1.2 make a difference to you or is a body language thing?
    Hes laconic and when a laconic player is down on form it looks worse than the more intense players and I hope I understand that but with Marra its beyond that.How many goals he could have kicked or what he achieved isnt my focus its more about if we should be accepting that hes not ready to play. Schache was laconic and copped it every time after a poor performance but we will of course accept it from Marra.

12. Likes 1eyedog, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think we went in with 2 defenders more than ideal so perhaps Bramble is an omission chance.

Some interesting challenges for our defenders
    Who takes Greene?
    Who matches on Hogan, Riccardi and Cadman?
    Then they have some some handy smaller forward.

I'm particularly interested in who Cleary, JJ, Dale and Duryea match up on.
    Duyrea to Greene.
    JOD to Cadman
    Jones has to go to Hogan unfortunately. We will lose Jones intercepting ability but not sure we have anyone else to go to Hogan.
    Keath to Riccardi.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If VDM is injured I would bring in Arty Jones.

Cleary in for Bramble. We will lose some run but hopefully we gain some stability and better decision making with Cleary in the starting 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If VDM is injured I would bring in Arty Jones.

Cleary in for Bramble. We will lose some run but hopefully we gain some stability and better decision making with Cleary in the starting 22.
    Not Clarke? He seems to be the first in the queue. I mean i know he made a few errors but his first qtr v Hawks wasn't too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Not Clarke? He seems to be the first in the queue. I mean i know he made a few errors but his first qtr v Hawks wasn't too bad.
    Jones has pace and pressure. IMO he is more of a like for like than Clarke.

18. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony Scott’s been off-Broadway. I’d bring him in to replace Laith.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."