Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  135
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tigers V Bulldogs - Round 9, 11/5/24 MCG 7:30PM AEST

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I don't know what Garcia's top speed is but his acceleration and bursting from the stoppage is something that we have needed in the seniors so badly. We also need to make sure that we're rotating him, Gags, Sanders through the middle even when everyone is fit.
    Looked quick last night, he is also starting to make good decisions with ball in hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond.

First pick last year #40
    First pick 2022 #49
    First pick 2021 #9 (Gibcus)
    First pick 2020 #40
    First pick 2019 #22 (Dow)

So in the last five drafts they have had two picks higher than 40 and one first round pick.

In the same period, who we have taken with first round picks?

Sanders
    Croft
    Buss
    Darcy
    Marra
    Weightman

Big difference. Especially when you consider they have not really nailed those trades where they sacrificed first rounders.

Who did they trade in during those same years.

Robbie Tarrant
    Jacob Hopper
    Tim Taranto
    Jacob Koschitzke

Don't get me wrong, I would take the pain they are about to suffer for three flags, every day and twice on Sunday. But hindsight is a wonderful thing, but selling their future for the now (post Premierships) has clearly not worked and they now look like they are in a wolrd of pain.

3. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a great win for sure. Bet let?s just see what the next 5 games brings. That?s probably our season right there.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Richmond.

First pick last year #40
    First pick 2022 #49
    First pick 2021 #9 (Gibcus)
    First pick 2020 #40
    First pick 2019 #22 (Dow)

So in the last five drafts they have had two picks higher than 40 and one first round pick.

In the same period, who we have taken with first round picks?

Sanders
    Croft
    Buss
    Darcy
    Marra
    Weightman

Big difference. Especially when you consider they have not really nailed those trades where they sacrificed first rounders.

Who did they trade in during those same years.

Robbie Tarrant
    Jacob Hopper
    Tim Taranto
    Jacob Koschitzke

Don't get me wrong, I would take the pain they are about to suffer for three flags, every day and twice on Sunday. But hindsight is a wonderful thing, but selling their future for the now (post Premierships) has clearly not worked and they now look like they are in a wolrd of pain.
    A balanced list that lives in the now but with an eye on tomorrow vs a list where the coach wanted to have one more crack at it for a couple of years.
    Yze has inherited some problems but he knew that when he applied.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A balanced list that lives in the now but with an eye on tomorrow vs a list where the coach wanted to have one more crack at it for a couple of years.
    Yze has inherited some problems but he knew that when he applied.
    Agree 100%.

Tigers won flags in 2017, 2019 and 2020
    Dogs won the flag in 2016 and GF in 2021

So they had a lot more success. But we were both at the pointy end at similar times.

Look what they did in five years between 2019 and 2023 drafts versus what we have done. A very stark contrast.

8. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Agree 100%.

Tigers won flags in 2017, 2019 and 2020
    Dogs won the flag in 2016 and GF in 2021

So they had a lot more success. But we were both at the pointy end at similar times.

Look what they did in five years between 2019 and 2023 drafts versus what we have done. A very stark contrast.
    They should never have gone for Hopper, really wasted picks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They should never have gone for Hopper, really wasted picks
    I guess that is what happens when your coach jumps ship.

Taranto and Hopper basically came under the pretence that Hardwick was coach and they’d be be going again…
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    How much further would it have been if Marra was in the game. Can we have back the Marra we had before he went on that short break something has got left behind where ever he went.
    It was pretty obvious on the TV that he appeared to be sooking it up, and berating teammates at one stage. A bit of entitlement creeping in there ?
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    It was pretty obvious on the TV that he appeared to be sooking it up, and berating teammates at one stage. A bit of entitlement creeping in there ?
    I would say he had a right to, he is sick of our terrible delivery into the forward 50.
    When you’re leading and they aren’t looking for him.
    Naughton is lucky as he plays up the ground and has the opportunity to move around more.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I would say he had a right to, he is sick of our terrible delivery into the forward 50.
    When you’re leading and they aren’t looking for him.
    Naughton is lucky as he plays up the ground and has the opportunity to move around more.
    Delivery was rubbish, but so was Marra’s kicking for goal. So how about he worries about his goal kicking before giving sprays to his teammates.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Delivery was rubbish, but so was Marra’s kicking for goal. So how about he worries about his goal kicking before giving sprays to his teammates.
    I will admit he had a bad day in all aspects, I am not sure if he could have a worse game, but he kept trying.
    The opposition still need to have a good back on him and if Jamarra is doing nothing but taking away the good back it opens for Darcy and Naughton.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I don't know what Garcia's top speed is but his acceleration and bursting from the stoppage is something that we have needed in the seniors so badly. We also need to make sure that we're rotating him, Gags, Sanders through the middle even when everyone is fit.
    He is a tough little bugger too
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to give a shout out to Tim English. In the past he has been thoroughly outpointed by Nankervis but I thought he showed a lot more aggression this time around. He leapt higher, bodied him more and positioned himself better at boundary throw ins. Add to that his excellent work around the ground and you have a very effective player.

He was very ordinary against Essendon. He must bring his A-game every week. Do that and we win more than we lose.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

17. Likes whythelongface, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I want to give a shout out to Tim English. In the past he has been thoroughly outpointed by Nankervis but I thought he showed a lot more aggression this time around. He leapt higher, bodied him more and positioned himself better at boundary throw ins. Add to that his excellent work around the ground and you have a very effective player.

He was very ordinary against Essendon. He must bring his A-game every week. Do that and we win more than we lose.
    His around the ground work is his strength off the ruck, 7 marks where Nankervis had 1.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post

Great performance again by Tim. Thanks merantau for giving him a shout out. His hard running really exploited Nankervis.

The Essendon game was a tough one against a good ruck pair. If Nankervis was able to share the ruck with someone like Draper, it would have been a much more challenging night for Tim.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."